Twi'lek face texture always seems to break.

Go to solution Solved by Circa,

Hi everyone,

I was curious recently into venturing into JA modding. I've dabbled before but now I wanted to play around with making a mod. I wanted to add more textures such as patterns/tattoos while keeping the RGB ability of the original skin.

However whenever I save out of photoshop and load up in Modview or ingame I get something like the image below. Some of the textures show through but the rest of the face turns white. I've tried re-exporting the default textures and I still get some white showing like in the second image. I've tried googling around and looking at guides/ playing with shaders but nothing.. just more clown faces.

I have a feeling it is the way it is being exported. Could someone help me out by pointing me to a guide or showing me the right method to get these textures to show correctly?

Thanks!

Capture.JPG

2Capture.JPG

• Solution

Take a look at these tutorials. RGB textures need alpha channels and saved a certain way. However in my experience I've had trouble doing this properly in modern versions of Photoshop for some reason.

Ruxith likes this
15 hours ago, Circa said:

Take a look at these tutorials. RGB textures need alpha channels and saved a certain way. However in my experience I've had trouble doing this properly in modern versions of Photoshop for some reason.

Hi Circa,

Thank you so much, that first tutorial helped fix my issue! Funnily enough it was the one I overlooked thinking it would not help.

More to this method though after exporting I found an issue in which I was still getting some white areas showing. I found that adding small 'reference points' to the corners of the layer mask helped fix this issue as seen in the images below (make sure they are something like 1% opacity so they don't show anywhere). I believe this is due to photoshop not seeing any data in those sections and deciding to crop the data out of the PNG.... which then in turn leads to the clown faces haha

Hopefully this helps others having the same issue as I was.

Prob.JPG

Solution.JPG

Final.JPG

Circa likes this