Progress Report: September 2023

INITIAL DEVELOPMENTS

So despite me saying I was taking a break from developing....

arnold-schwarzenegge.gif

Quite a fair bit of progress has been completed on the mod, and I'm very excited to talk about it!

DYNAMIC WEAPON SYSTEM

Initially coded by our amazing coder The New Order, the Dynamic Weapon System has been fully integrated into the mod and will be ready with the next update (sans bug fixes of course). The Dynamic Weapon System will allow for us to group together multiple weapons of the same functionality to allow us to use up less weapon slots for the mod, and thus in turn will let us offer up a larger variety of weapons now and in the future.

To begin this process, most weapons which you know have been merged, and 2 new weapons have been coded! The E-5s Sniper Rifle, and the Super Battle Droid's arm cannon!

shot2023-09-15_16-58-34.jpg

shot2023-09-15_16-57-54.jpg

image.png?ex=6519eff1&is=65189e71&hm=7e1

More weapons are slated to come at a later time. We're really looking forward to bringing this to you.

NEW CHARACTERS

We've also received a lot of new character suggestions for the mod. Below are some that are slated to come, please remember that this list is subject to change at any time.

• Bera Kazan
  • Jyn Erso (Imperial Disguise) By Jeff
  • Sith Eradicator (Updated Model) By The Unguided
  • Sith Empire Trooper (Updated model) By The Unguided
  • Mandalore the Ultimate (Updated Model) By Zeal
  • Baylan Skoll, By ZelZel
  • Shin Hati, By ZelZel
  • Nico Okarr (Updated model), Ported by Punisher
  • Saw Gerrera, Ported by Punisher
  • And more

THE DROIDEKA

Wait, why is the Droideka getting a section? Good question! Over the past few weeks (in fact pretty much the whole month) the Droideka has been received some very much needed attention.

Since the mod's debut, the Droideka and Super Battle Droid have often been regarded as bad eyesores for the mod, lacking their signature weapons and overall just weren't threatening. This month I've been hard at work getting the Droideka to a place where I feel we can consider it as much more authentic and more accurate to its overall threataning nature as depicted across all of star wars.

Please watch this video and see for yourself how the droideka operates as both an NPC and also for the player!

CONCLUSION

There's still a lot to work on the Droideka, primarily cosmetic things, but overall things are coming along well with it.

There are other things we are working on which we want to keep quiet for now, but hopefully this offers a taste of things to come for the mod.

If you haven't seen yet, we did release one final hotfix for our August update and performed a full merger, so the full mod is fully up to date with everything.

Thank you all for following the development of Star Wars: Galactic Legacy, and may the Force be with you.

Circa, Lancelot and Smoo like this
  • 2 weeks later...