CamSP Range Reset "80" zooms in way too close.

I have recently started playing and modding JKJA after a long hiatus. I have been using CamSP (used it before in the past also), for some reason however when I use the reset option on range  (value 80 which it has always been) it zooms in like 20 to 40 more value points than it should (even though it says 80), where only the top part of the upper torso and head is visible, as opposed to the entire torso upper torso and some of the legs. I know I could adjust the value manually to get close to what it should be, but I'd rather just have it back to precisely what it should be in Vanilla. Does anyone know where CamSP stores its settings, so that I can truly reset it to the vanilla settings. I am really not sure why this is happening, but it has really been bugging me.

Hello friend! I'm sorry this is happening to you. The reset button simply uses the command "reset." This will restore the cvar (something that stores a number, in this case, the third person range) to its original setting. The console command it uses is "reset cg_thirdpersonrange." You can find all this by opening the .pk3 and going to ui/camsp.menu. I would be curious to see if you were to edit your cg_thirdpersonrange setting in the console (to something random), then manually type "reset cg_thirdpersonrange" to see if it works as expected. If so, it would be some strange bug with the mod. Otherwise, something else is causing the issue. Good luck!

16 hours ago, therfiles said:

Hello friend! I'm sorry this is happening to you. The reset button simply uses the command "reset." This will restore the cvar (something that stores a number, in this case, the third person range) to its original setting. The console command it uses is "reset cg_thirdpersonrange." You can find all this by opening the .pk3 and going to ui/camsp.menu. I would be curious to see if you were to edit your cg_thirdpersonrange setting in the console (to something random), then manually type "reset cg_thirdpersonrange" to see if it works as expected. If so, it would be some strange bug with the mod. Otherwise, something else is causing the issue. Good luck!

Thank you for the kind and helpful response. Unfortunately it still places the camera too close when using that command, strange. I wonder if it has anything to do with the resolution settings I am using (1920x1080). Weird thing is that this issue doesn't happen in multiplayer.

For now I am just to manually find a close to comfort zone in the CamSP settings, if I have to live with that then so be it. Just wish I knew why the 3rd person view range is so close compared to how it used to be when playing.

therfiles likes this

Very interesting. I don't think I've heard of anything quite like this before. It may be some other mod or configuration file causing the issue.

One work-around (not really a solution) would be to manually edit camsp.menu to set it to 80 directly, rather than use the reset command. I've gone ahead and put this file together for you, and you can download it here. You'll need to use Pakscape or another .pk3 viewer to replace the camsp.menu in the ui folder of the mod. Best of luck!

9 hours ago, Circa said:

Are you sure your cg_fov is not also set to something lower than default too? range and FOV achieve similar things and might be what is causing it.

That I have made sure about too, but it still zooms in too close when resetting to 80, it's a weird issue for sure.