Saving your game in SP takes a screenshot?

Is it possible to get this to work? I'm mad because in JK2 instead of the stupid static level shot for your save game pics, it'd take a screenshot of your character's view for that save game. After scouring some of JK2's menus and comparing them to JA's savegame menus, I can't find any differences.

They both make use of the same script "uiscript savegame," which may incorporate this function. Perhaps its coding was changed between the two games.

Or, perhaps is there a cvar that controls this that is switched on in JK2, but off in JA? So far I haven't been able to find it.

Hopefully this isn't something affected only by code... -_-

EDIT: A cvar of interest, "cg_drawsnapshot" . It doesn't seem to do anything as far as I can tell.

cg_drawSnapshot just shows debug information about networking stuff on-screen when in-game.

The code was likely changed in JA. But you can try using the /levelshot command instead. It creates a screenshot of the level from where you're standing and puts it in the levelshots folder to use it as the map's loading screen.

Hmmm. The only way I could see how to do this is just using the /levelshot command, which won't work well, as you may have 2 saves from the same level. Or, you can make a 'rigged' save game system that uses slots. In essence, you can only have a couple save slots that use the screenshot that was taken when it was saved (using a cfg or a wait 10;screenshot exec). Thus, the gfx for that save slot's picture would be like "screenshot/save#". I don't know if assets can be edited while the game is running, so if you override a screenshot, it may take a restart of the game for that asset to be reloaded? Not sure...