Need help with custom Music files not playing

Go to solution Solved by DangerMuffin,

Hello! I have been trying to put replace some music in game and so far I'm not having very good look with it. For example I wall convert the audio file to 44100Hz, and have it be stereo with a 128 Kbps bit rate. For some reason though it doesn't play when I load up the corresponding level, just silence. I have made it it's own separate pk3 file and named the file correctly with the right file path in the pk3. Any help would be appreciated.  

Check the game console for errors, it should complain about something.

Also, the music is an mp3, right?

And, if it helps with testing, you can use the /music command in-game to test a file. Makes it a lot easier to find errors.

• Solution

Just figured out the issue! In Audacity it was defaulting the audio files to the 32 bit float setting instead of the 16 bit pcm setting. One more question, I am trying to make a full music replacer mod, what does the atr and etr files stand for? For example, I am replacing t1_fatal's music, and I've replace both the _explore and _action music with the ones I want, what steps do I need to take to make sure the music transitions well? Thanks again for the help!