How to modify the values of a Force Power?

I was thrilled to find this mod because I love beams and I love being able to have something like that in a Star Wars game. Personally, I'd like to balance it a bit, and since it's basically just a cosmetic change to Force Lightning I should be able to just change values for Force Lightning to fit my concept better, yeah? Basically I want it to be a good bit weaker and drain force more slowly so I can sustain it for longer. I don't want everything to die to it immediately lol I'm a SP-only player so I like a bit of roleplay. What files do I need to open and mess with to change those values?

Changing force settings like that is all hardcoded stuff. w_force.c is where that is located, but you'd have to recompile the entire game to change it.

Edit: I only know the code for multiplayer, singleplayer might have it in a different file.

The parameters are in void functions you can see here: OpenJK/w_force.c at master · JACoders/OpenJK (github.com)

Now getting to know how to build your own game is a bit more tricky, but here's the tutorial: Compilation guide · JACoders/OpenJK Wiki (github.com) - it may all look quite a bit complicated if you're more used to some simpler stuff like editing .npc/.sab files and so on, but really when you finally get to know your way around Visual Studio, then finding a place where to fix an integer defining range/speed/damage is omega-simple!

It’d be totally awesome to change the lighting function to fit each effects in this mod which are after all just some visual effects. Though it’d require some serious programming job I bet. I remember when I was making this mod, I opened the lightning effect script files with document editing tool and tried to puzzle out those parameters by changing the numbers and swap the lightning skin picture with something like fire flame or snowflake and then run the game and see how it looks and then just test & test & fix & fix. It's like decoding thing and lots of headaches but it was fun the see the results. I’d only imagine it’d be a lots more headaches to change the whole lightning system though. But totally root for it! 🙂