sun/mmoon light emiiting

im looking for something that explains better then richdiesel's tutorials, (as the sample images for the lesson are missing) for a light emmiting sun or moon, perferably one with images, sue me, i cant follow a wall of text :P anyone who can help me with this will get the credit for their help on this map

The degrees part and elevation (afaik) are intertwined. If you give it a degree measurement, it will go towards that measurement from the map center (I'm assuming) in the degree area specified, at a distance of what is specified.

EDIT: or i could be totally backwards.

another question, will it work with an animated skybox?

textures/skies/graveyard

{

qer_editorimage textures/skies/sky

surfaceparm sky

surfaceparm noimpact

surfaceparm nomarks

notc

q3map_nolightmap

skyParms textures/skies/graveyard 512 -

{

map textures/skies/cloudlayer4

blendFunc GL_DST_COLOR GL_SRC_ALPHA

rgbGen const ( 0.298039 0.294117 0.274509 )

tcMod scroll 0 0.03

tcMod scale 1 1

}

}

Dont use that - always use q3map_sunExt (has MUCH better lighting results) ---> See examples HERE

q3map_sunExt red green blue intensity degrees elevation deviance samples

Works like q3map_sun with the addition of two new parameters to create "light jittering" for penumbra (half-shadow) effects. This gives you much more realistic shadows from the sun, especially when trying to simulate a cloudy day or a wide sun. The penumbra effect can also be applied to entity lights (point, spot or sun) with the _deviance N (distance in world units for point/spot lights and degrees for suns) and _samples N (number of samples) key/value pairs.

deviance : The number of degrees for the half-shadow. General values up to 2 or 3 are acceptable. The real sun has a solid angle of about half a degree.

samples : The number of random jitters distributed over the solid arc (~16).

•  

CaptainChar likes this

this help is mostly going to be used firstly to fix my Haunted Graveyard map, then any other outdoor maps following this.

Im just trying to get the basic understanding of this shader, so I can make the light souce better in my maps, indoor maps are getting better, but can still use lighting improvements as well

I ge tthe feeling im going to be redoing the Map's sky shader entirely