[COMPILE ERROR] Using Jedi Knight 2 SDK on Visual Studio 2017

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not new to modding. I downloaded your SDK from the hub website and everything SEEMED to compile perfectly fine, but now I'm getting this compile error with something in the q_shared.h header file. I've worked hours trying to figure this out. I'm not too familiar with C++, but I think I can work my way around this if there is a solution. Has anyone experienced this error before?

PuFLGx6.png

and here's q_shared.c

PuFLGx6.png

I really want to make a cool mod for this game. Something the lines of a zombie wave simulation where you go to a shop to purchase weapons and upgrades and fend of waves of enemies.

Thanks.

Asgarath83 likes this

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but not new to modding. I downloaded your SDK from the hub website and everything SEEMED to compile perfectly fine, but now I'm getting this compile error with something in the q_shared.h header file. I've worked hours trying to figure this out. I'm not too familiar with C++, but I think I can work my way around this if there is a solution. Has anyone experienced this error before?

PuFLGx6.png

and here's q_shared.c

PuFLGx6.png

I really want to make a cool mod for this game. Something the lines of a zombie wave simulation where you go to a shop to purchase weapons and upgrades and fend of waves of enemies.

Thanks.

thanks for summon me, @@Lancelot.

Mmm, i am not a c++ expert, and i am using VS2010 so i am a lot up-to-dated with coding.

But for what i know, that mean that this function is already coded in some other part of the code, so when try to build make an override or an overload. that on VS is allowed only if 2 functions are same names, but different structure.

for example

Void WP_Shootmonster (gentity_t *ent, number 1, number 2, int altfire)

Qboolean WP_Shootmonster ( int altfire, bool chargeshoot)

that is okay, despite of name, are 2 different functions.

instead, if 2 functions are 100% matching, as naming and as contain, have the same body, so basically you are recoding the same thing 2 times, that create troubles.

You need to find the duplicate function that use the same stuff and edit, or uncheck it so is not readed. uncheaking including the function between /*    */ stack unactivate command lines. 

However, i'm not an expert. maybe @@eezstreet or @@ensiform can help you better.

good lock for your project, but is realy ambitious to make a shop with zombie waves... many things can be done just with menu system, i am working with noodle on some kind of rpg menu system like kotor. for moment i have multiple choice dialogues working.

i need again to add bounty system, music, shop etc...

that require not much code hack effectliley.

if you wanna a nice code system for RPG with Menu properly coded you canj check JKG source code.

but i warn you: i tryed to reply on May on this years his functionality for SP but it was too big and complex and i failed to recrate his weapon system library... but JKG have also a trading a loot system and shop vendors for weapons and other stuff.

you however, are a c++ beginner, so i doubt yo0u can do something so big. maybe you should just make something more easy, like cloning the T2_RANCOR objective of game ghat count number of prisoner saved and converting for count credits or ammo or any other kind of variable that you want to add into the gameplay for unlock something. 

but that is mostlyarchivable with icarus scripting, simply vendor need a icarus cvar that reach a certain value, before give you the desired weapon

something like on icarus:

declair float value credits

set credits 0

use new game objective for track credit number on datapad)

when credit are on same value and reach something

if (credit = 100 )

affect player

SET_WEAPON WP_CONCUSSION

and you "purchase" a concussion.

t1_danger and t1_rancor levels of default game offer you the scripting you need.