(JKA) Does anyone have ANY info on how best to use dual sabers?

It seems this knowledge is starting to get lost to time. I'd really like to preserve it.

During my own study of duals, it seems like they're almost worthless against staff and other duals. (It's a block fest.) Aerials seem to be the only guard breaking option they have besides blue lunge and mostly worthless katas.

No idea. On one of my first playthroughs of singleplayer I chose the duals, thought: "two sabers = double damage = double fun", but as I soon found out, they were kinda useless in duelling, they didn't deflect blaster bolts as well (or maybe I wasn't doing something right?), and were a lot more restrictive than a single saber, or even the staff, movement and style-wise. Switching to fast style didn't help much either, and it looked kinda silly that you still held the off-hand saber in your hands, ableit deactivated - looked quite impractical, in fact. In multiplayer it's even worse since blocking and taking damage in MP is different.

Now in real life, having two swords can be a great boon, if you know how to use them properly. Otherwise, you'll only nerf yourself.

In single player, the dual lightsabers are superior to the staff in defense, but inferior in attack. In general, the duals are better against gunners because they deflect better the blaster shots, but they are worse against saber wielders. In addition duals have other advantages: if you throw a saber, you do not stay unarmed, and if you are in a lock saber with an enemy, you can throw a saber to kill her / him instantly. 

Okay so, first of all, if we're talking singleplayer, just spam and win. 

The real question is, do you want info on JA+ dual sabers or base dual sabers? Very big difference between them. JA+ duals are very strong, in base not as much. I can't help with anything JA+ related though, that's St@rty's domain.

For base though, if you want to avoid block spam, you might consider first learning how delays work ( which this can help with ) since that is one of the best ways to break that. There's a lot more to it than delay spam, but good starting point. Truly the best way to abuse dual sabers is to just out-time your opponent though. Can abuse the range pretty hard, especially against a staff.

(Also I wouldn't advise the blue lunge personally. Or any katas. Ever.)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so, first of all, if we're talking singleplayer, just spam and win. 

The real question is, do you want info on JA+ dual sabers or base dual sabers? Very big difference between them. JA+ duals are very strong, in base not as much. I can't help with anything JA+ related though, that's St@rty's domain.

For base though, if you want to avoid block spam, you might consider first learning how delays work ( which this can help with ) since that is one of the best ways to break that. There's a lot more to it than delay spam, but good starting point. Truly the best way to abuse dual sabers is to just out-time your opponent though. Can abuse the range pretty hard, especially against a staff.

(Also I wouldn't advise the blue lunge personally. Or any katas. Ever.)

Sorry for the super late reply. This was what I was looking for though. Thank you! <3

• 3 weeks later...