Errors When Trying To Start

Millerj98

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158144420@N05/32409297118/in/dateposted-public/

Hear is a link to it. i couldnt figure out how to post a picture

Yeah, you needed to open the kotf-windows folder and merge the gamedata folder inside with your actual gamedata folder.

But as Fire Phoenix said, it would be easier for you if you use our launcher, it'll download the mod for you and keep you up to date.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a similar issue. I downloaded the mod manually and it wouldn't launch due to said files being missing. Tried loading mod through jedi academy first and no text will pop up. Tried using the launcher and every time i start it up it crashes. I'm at the end of my rope here lol any help would be appreciated.

I'm having a similar issue. I downloaded the mod manually and it wouldn't launch due to said files being missing. Tried loading mod through jedi academy first and no text will pop up. Tried using the launcher and every time i start it up it crashes. I'm at the end of my rope here lol any help would be appreciated.

Are you running the launcher as an admin?

• 4 weeks later...

i used the launcher to install everything. i ran it as admin. i tried from the vanilla game mod selection. unistalled and re installed and still nothing. no screen comes up 

i uninstalled everything after being warned about a torjan:win3/zpevdo.a file in the updater

i would really like to get it running it looks amazing. im using windows 10

i used the launcher to install everything. i ran it as admin. i tried from the vanilla game mod selection. unistalled and re installed and still nothing. no screen comes up

i uninstalled everything after being warned about a torjan:win3/zpevdo.a file in the updater

i would really like to get it running it looks amazing. im using windows 10

Do not use the base mod selection to try and open the mod.

And there is no virus in the updater. Never has been.

Just download the current DLL: https://www.dll-files.com/msvcp120.dll.html

1. Download.

2. Copy into the kotf.exe location.

Wait, that might be the solution for everyone having issues starting this mod.

@@Linken @@Fire Phoenix, did you ever specify that Microsoft Visual C++ is required for this mod to run? If not, you could add something to the launcher to remind anyone it has to be installed.

To go a little bit off-topic, I have an idea: If possible, add a pop-up message where the user can choose if he wants to read an installation tutorial. And in that tutorial, you could mention that

Microsoft Visual C++ has to be installed. And for a more foolproof experience, add a link that leads to the required version.

Another idea: Make the launcher detect if the .dll is in the folder. If not, a message should appear that clearly explains what is needed and where to get it.

That way, users get all the information they need.

I highly recommend to open the following link, and download the program (called ,,All in One Runtimes")
It basically just install every DLL-s, Visual C++ files, and solves every problems that related to DLL-s, like this one. It fixes every problems, so just download it, and install everything. It worked for me several times, even in other games too.

link: https://www.sereby.org/site/downloads/All%20in%20One%20Runtimes