What skeleton is this?

Go to solution Solved by DT.,

Thanks to AshuraDX I have confirmed that this is the source animation skeleton.

The one I say we should have been using all along...

imo... not having this knowledge in the beginning, and agreeing community wide to switch to a skeleton of nulls instead of bones almost ruined every single custom player model ever made for either games. once the animations are successfully extracted from the game and you want to add say simulated cloth or extra bones or anything... any of the player models not made with those particular nulls would not transfer over correctly.... and would actually "break" knotting themselves every animation.  because carcass ditches unused bones...basically in JKA and JKO there is only 95% of the actual skeleton being used... but in the source files there is 100%. so compiling the source files into a new animations.gla will have weights on areas you didnt even know you should have... i will now attempt to transfer all source files animations' nulls' transforms into bone transforms contained in the null skeleton we have all been using to fix this issue and further construct a fbx version of animation.gla for future manipulations of the skeleton with maximum compatability with jka null rigged models.

Noodle likes this
  • Solution

The actual animation source files do not have this skeleton (though I think the root.xsi does) with all the effectors and roots. Open up any one in xsi and you'll see a clean set of nulls.

Also, doesn't matter if you use nulls or bones - so long as their axis match.

ChalklYne likes this