How do I replace music in single player?

All of the music files for Jedi Academy are stored in the assets0.pk3 inside of your base folder. If you open it with Pakscape, you should be able to work out the file structure pretty quickly. Just extract the music from the .pk3 to listen to it and know what you're replacing first. Then, choose your tracks and change their file name to match a track from the original game and place it back inside of a new .pk3 with a matching folder structure.

For example:

Let's say I wanted to replace the music that plays in the Yavin temple with "Yoda and the Younglings" from Attack of the Clones.

I'd make a new .pk3, create a folder inside named music and then create a folder inside of that called yavin2_old. After that, I'd make a copy of my Yoda and the Younglings.mp3 and rename it to yavtemp_explore.mp3 and place it inside of the folders I've just created in my new .pk3. I save the .pk3 and place it in the base folder and that's it, done!

I know what to name the folders and the .mp3 because in assets0.pk3, there's music/yavin2_old/yavtemp_explore.mp3 and that's the track that plays on the Jedi Academy levels.

General Howard likes this
  • 5 months later...