Inspired by @bigphil2695's floating sabers for singleplayer.
Basically, my mod is a standard character model, made invisible by turning off their textures. The sabers are a standalone entity, so they won't replace any of the vanilla characters.
The mod comes with an invisible skin (so you can troll your friends by pretending to be invisible) and six bots - each a different lightsaber hilt with more-or-less appropriate blade colors. They're all named 'Floating Lightsaber', but each has its name in a different color. They also have limited force powers, namely Force Speed (1), and Force Jump (3). They should not be using any weapons, but it's still funny when they do.
List of sabers (crystal - hilt - font):
- Red - Praetor - Red
- Blue - Defender - Blue
- Yellow - Sentinel - Yellow
- Green - Consul - Green
- Purple - Retaliator - Purple
- Orange - Adjudicator - Cyan (because there's no orange font in JKA)
1) I also wanted to add rgb colors, but since I'm not sure if everyone has rgb sabers (of any kind) installed, and since I don't know how to assign rbg colors to bots' and npcs'sabers, that's all you get for now.
2) I gave the sabers more appropriate sounds, so now they sound more-or-less Force-wielded-saber-y.
3) Chose Praetor for red for no reason; Defender for blue because Jedi Guardians; Yellow for Sentinels (obviously); Green for Consul because Jedi Consular (obviously); Purple for Retaliator because retaliation - vengeance - is a Sith's game, and purple sabers are common with Sith Force-masters, who are also scheemers; Orange for Adjudicator as tribute to Jedi2, because the guy doesn't get lot of love.
Bugs and stuff that might break immersion:
Since the mod is primitive, there are some things that might give away the not very Force-based nature of the sabers, namely, when you use certain Force powers, you might see outlines of the invisible character, and there's a shadow, but we'll just pretend it's the hilt's shadow. I don't know how to fix these, sorry.
At least there are no bugs!
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.