baseJKA+ (or basejkaplus) is basically just OpenJK but with a few little features that I really wanted for my server. I wanted to have a basejka server with OpenJK's bug fixes and security, but also a few extra things that the OpenJK devs didn't think were fit to include in the master repository. Nothing changes the gameplay, these are just nice little features for a server to have, if you're not using a mod like JA+ or something.
Linux and Windows dedicated server only, no client needed.
This is what my old -=- SHADOW ORDER server ran, and still does today (now the JKHub server).
Here's a list of all the features thus far:
• All taunts are available in all game modes (meditate, gloat, flourish, etc)
• Private duels now start with full health and shield, and can be changed via new cvars (g_duelStartHealth and g_duelStartArmor) - default is 100/25
• Results of a private duel are displayed to all, with the remaining health of the winning player
• Added a cvar to toggle idle animations (personal annoyance of mine) - g_useIdleAnims 0
• restored the ability to use map glitches via dmflags 520
1.03 - April 7, 2017
• Cheats are now toggled via rcon, enabling the use for anyone on the server - /rcon sv_cheats 1
1.04 - September 16, 2023
• Windows dedicated support
• Project rename to basejkaplus
• Merged changes from master OpenJK since last release
All features of the master OpenJK repo are included in this as of this writing. If you want to compile the latest version of this and the most recent OpenJK commits, I will try my best to keep it fairly in sync with it.
If you want to test it out first, the JKHub server is currently running it: /connect jk3.in
-===- CREDITS -===-
Big shoutout to Smoo, Xycaleth and Raz0r for helping me with basically all of this. I had the features but they showed me how to get it done.
-===- INSTALLATION -===-
If you are running an OpenJK server (recommended), put the .so file in the base folder of your server, and run the new openjkded file like you normally would. If its a basejka server, same thing but run the new openjkded file instead of jampded file you used to.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC., RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASFILM LTD.™ & DISNEY, INC.™ AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ AND WALT DISNEY, INC.™ STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ & DISNEY, INC.™