About This File
Galen Marek / Starkiller Pack with backhand Animations FOR JEDI ACADEMY
IMPORTANT: This pack was put together for SP only (there is no MP support).
I am a HUGE fan of Galen Marek/Starkiller. Althought I don’t like the game (barely got to the first half of the original Raxus mission), I love the story. I looked for related mods and found several good mods here and there, with each one having good stuff but not everything in a single mod.
Based on what I found, I wanted to improve the already great mods by Dark_Apprentice and Seven and get everything together using the great backhand animations from katanamaru and AshuraDX Starkiller saber hilts, so I decided to learn a little bit about mods and came up with this small pack with the best of the Starkiller mods so far.
I came up with this mod that contains:
- The models/Skins I like the best from Dark_Appentice’s Starkiller "Galen Marek" Outfit Pack for JKA 2.0 (with some fixes/tweaks).
- Seven's Galen Marek Jedi Adventure Robes 2.0 Mod (with some fixes/tweaks for SP), Single backhand animation and sounds.
- Katanamaru’s Backhand Styles 1.1 mod (Dual and Single backhand animations).
- AshuraDX Starkiller's Lightsaber AshuraDX (1.0) (rotated for backhand use and .sab file slightly modified so it doesn't conflicts with the original mod).
Thanks to them for their support and permissions to get this complied.
The pack contains the following models available from the SP Menu selection.
- Galen Arena outfit (Dark_Apprentice)
- Galen Armor outfit (Dark_Apprentice)
- Galen Clone outfit (Dark_Apprentice)
- Galen Dark Apprentice outfit (Dark_Apprentice)
- Galen Industrial Explorer outfit (Dark_Apprentice)
- Galen Jedi Adventure outfit (Seven)
- Galen Raxus mission outfit (Dark_Apprentice)
- Galen Tie Pilot outfit (Dark_Apprentice)
- Galen Training outfit (Dark_Apprentice)
The models have the normal animations in order for them to work with cutscenes (custom animations don’t show or show as statues in the cutscenes).
preferences (will use whatever saber you have previously selected and use the default game animations).
Galen_Dark_Hooddown - same as above without hood (hood down)
Galen_Jedi_Adv_Hooddown - same as above without hood (hood down)
Single Backhand Animations (sbh):
There are two different “Single Backhand” version (sbh) available, one using Katanamaru’s backhand animations and another using the animations from Seven’s Galen_Jedi_adv mod (you can choose which one you want to install) via NPC. These models have all force powers set to 3 and a single saber using AshuraDX Starkiller saber hilt.
Either version have the same NPC name:
Dual Backhand Animations (dbh):
Each model also has a “Dual Backhand” (dbh) version via NPC using Katanamaru’s backhand animations. These models have all force powers set to 3 and dual lightsaber sets.
No Force (nf):
If you do not want to use force power settings in order to play and increase your force powers normally in the (SP) game, you can add “_nf” (without quotes) to the NPC name and they will use/keep whatever force powers you have acquired up to that moment (“no force” settings).
Normal animations, No lightsaber settings, No force settings:
Single backhand saber and animation, no force settings:
Dual backhand saber and animations, no force settings:
If you want to use the Raxus outfit using "normal” animations without altering the force powers, use “galen_raxus_nf” (without quotes).
If you want to use the Jedi Adv. outfit with “Single Backhand” animations without altering your force powers, use “galen_jedi_adv_sbh_nf” (without quotes).
If you want to use the Dark outfit without hood using “Dual backhand” animations without altering the force powers, use “galen_dark_hooddown_dbh_nf” (without quotes)
- Place the Galen_Marek_Backhand.pk3 in your base folder – contains the models and dual backhand animations.
- Choose either Galen_Marek_Backhand_Single_Seven.pk3 or Galen_Marek_Backhand_single_katanamaru.pk3 (please select only not both) and place it on your base folder – contains the NPCs for the single backhand animations.
Uninstall: remove the PK3s from your base folder.
Both Single Backhand Animations have pros and cons, I like both.
- Idle stance: Both look great. Seven’s animation looks more aggressive.
- Run/Walk: Seven’s animation look funny when the lightsaber is on, if you turn off the lightsaber, run/walk works fine. Katanamaru’s animation works fine with the lightsaber on (close to TFU).
- Fighting Animations: Both are great. I like the blaster shot block from Seven’s animation better, it looks more like in TFU, while in Katanamaru’s blaster shot block the arms are “too wide open”.
I've included both versions so you can choose the one you like the best.
- I've only tested this in OpenJK.
- As mentioned above, I didn't played TFU games, but I tried to set up the blade colors as close as TFU videos as possible. If you don't want to use the blade colors assigned, you can change them via console (or use packscape and modify the NPC files).
- In addition, the pack contains:
- “Floating datapad” fixed for the Raxus outfit.
- Tweaked textures for the Tie Pilot Outfit. This is my favorite outfit from TFU but it looks “too flat” so I tweaked the textures a little bit to try and give it more “dimension”.
Katanamaru – Starkiller's Lightsaber AshuraDX (1.0)
Seven – Galen Marek Jedi Adventure Robes 2.0
Dark_Apprentice – Starkiller "Galen Marek" Outfit Pack for JKA 2.0
AshuraDX – Starkiller's Lightsaber AshuraDX
THIS FILE OR THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS ™ & (©) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
THE AUTHOR OF THIS FILE TAKES FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ITS CONTENTS AND ANY FILES THAT ARE DISPUTED WITH SUPPORTING EVIDENCE MAY BE TAKEN DOWN BY THE JKHUB STAFF. IF YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR OF THIS FILE OR HAVE CONTENT THAT BELONGS TO YOU INSIDE THIS FILE YOU MAY CONTACT US TO HAVE IT REMOVED.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Fixed the saber hilt saber name in the NPCs used with Seven's Single backhand animations.