Videos I've been working on recently...

Originally a few random ideas turned out into something bigger.

PS. Don't judge a book by its cover.

PSS. This isn't simple gameplay with annoying overvoice or tedious to watch "let's play" flick, people. This is the story of Jaden Korr molded into video.

//UPDATE: The YouTube started crapping me about "Copyrights" regarding some of the music tracks I used in my videos (even though the exact pieces can be found on YouTube) therefore blocking the video from viewing in certain countries. It's crazy stupid, but who understands them. Some videos feature muted parts... To overcome that I uploaded video files to another sharing website - OneDrive. You can found a new OneDrive link under the corresponding video. Don't worry: you do not need a Microsoft Account to download them.

STAR WARS: THE LEGEND OF JADEN KORR

j5fdat.jpgStar Wars:The Legend of Jaden Korr (EpisodeI)

The first episode of my take on Jaden Korr's story, spanning her childhood on Iridonia (yes, its female and a Zabrak) through travels to Commenor and Coruscant,
building lightsaber and enlistment to Jedi Academy on Yavin IV.
The first episode tells the story of events before those having place in game Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.
Enjoy and standby for more episodes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4_QACpQOq4

j5fdat.jpgStar Wars:The Legend of Jaden Korr (EpisodeII)

The second installment of this great adventure. Jaden enlists to the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 and her first assignments unfold. During her missions she will have to battle
different types of mercenaries, scumbags and dark side users, her own demons of the past as well as teasings of a certain student.
Enjoy! Hopefuly this video can prove how great this game still is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea-nMICAxVw

j5fdat.jpgStar Wars:The Legend of Jaden Korr (EpisodeIII)

The third installment of this unpredictable adventure. After battling Alora on planet Hoth - a Twi'lek Dark Jedi of the mysterious cult of Disciples of Ragnos, Jaden is promoted to the rank of
apprentice and continues her training. Completing assignment after assignment the Zabrak warrior discovers some unusual tremors in the Force. Nothing is perfectly black or white in this
galaxy and there is a lot of difficult decisions to make in a life of a Jedi.
Enjoy! Hopefuly this video can prove that originally a bland character after putting some effort can be turned into an interesting and multi-faceted personaé. Many new scenes have been
added or re-edited the existing ones in order to flesh-out characters and story and all lightsaber duels have been greatly improved (IMHO).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Di4FV3z_dc

More episodes (I estimate two more)... coming soon! [progress=75%][/progress]

TheWhitePhoenix and eezstreet like this
  • 2 weeks later...

j5fdat.jpgStar Wars:The Legend of Jaden Korr (EpisodeIV)

The fourth part of this interesting story set in Star Wars expanded universe. After defeating Rosh Penin on Vjun, Jaden looses her lightsaber in the process. The heroine is
promoted to Jedi Knight and a full member of the Jedi Academy. She travels to her homeplanet of Iridonia in search for lightsaber crystal which her parents kept there for years.
This short little trip won't leave her unscathed though. Continuing her training in the ways of the Force Jaden is soon called to the Academy. Rosh Penin has been found and Kyle
forms a plan to rescue him. Zabrak Jedi reluctantly agress and together with Katarn travels to Taspir III. The feeling of discouragement grows stronger in the young woman.
A breaking point approaches...
Enjoy! Every scene has been thoroughly rethinked and redesigned to give the game a new, more mature Star Wars story aura. I have spent hours revamping and enhancing each
scene, second by second. This isn't your oridinary, tedious to watch "let's play" flick on YouTube and this isn't over yet either. Stay tuned for the last episode of Star Wars: The Legend of Jaden Korr!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlgmgLoHazM

• 2 weeks later...

j5fdat.jpgStar Wars:The Legend of Jaden Korr (Episode V)

The last episode and the conclusion of Korr's legend. Zora aka Jaden (the name which she took during her adolescence shortly after arriving on Commenor) is heading towards the tomb of
Marka Ragnos to stop Dark Jedi Tavion from resurrecting the Sith Lord. She is soon to become a full member of Jedi Order and after that... there is only one more thing left to do.
Enjoy! Hopefully you enjoyed this little Star Wars machinima of mine just like I enjoyed creating it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZpzaMDTqH8

Some feedback/comments would be nice this time. Just tell what was good and what was terrible. Thank you!  :winkthumb:

Ah, the LEGENDARY Kahn D'halaine. :D   

Yes, him. I don't know him, but he made a fine job, really.

The rest is just some fancy audio/video editing.

I should have thanked him at the end. Him and SiLink for giving me much inspiration (after watching a lot of his works on YouTube).

And yes, George Lucas for.... for merely exisiting I guess, 'cos lately we cannot see too much of his involvement in the SW franchise.

PS. Do you still play JKA? What would you say if we met together on server and shoot some scenes (npcs are annoying and difficult to control) in the future?

Yes, him. I don't know him, but he made a fine job, really.

The rest is just some fancy audio/video editing.

I should have thanked him at the end. Him and SiLink for giving me much inspiration (after watching a lot of his works on YouTube).

And yes, George Lucas for.... for merely exisiting I guess, 'cos lately we cannot see too much of his involvement in the SW franchise.

PS. Do you still play JKA? What would you say if we met together on server and shoot some scenes (npcs are annoying and difficult to control) in the future?

Sorry, man. Strictly an SP player. And yes, without George, none of this would be possible. Same goes for Khan and SiLink.

Ok, just to let you know, most of the custom scenes I did in SP, but sometimes MP is needed (for lip movement).

Besides, man, you should have tried Siege mode in JKA's heyday times... those were the days... Awaiting gamestate...! BLAST!

I heard stories, to be honest. I WISH I could've joined, but unfortunately in the heyday, I had shitty XP and Vista Laptops in contrast to the great 7 (Upgraded to 10) rig I have now.

Thoughts after Episode 1:

+ It's clear that lots of effort went into making this.

+ Nice to see Jaden/Zora's backstory developed a bit further back beyond what we heard about in the game.

+ Creative use of camera angles in the earlier scenes.

+ Ties well into other parts of the story already established in the game (e.g. Tavion securing the scepter on Commenor).

- Voice acting. Probably won't be as big a deal later in the series when you can use the vanilla game's audio, but that Zabrak language and the auto-type dialogue was pretty harsh on the ears. Given the effort that went into other parts of producing the video, trying to get a VA or two might not have been a bad idea? I know the community is a little scarce on those though...

- Plot question. Just minor things that jumped out at me on the first viewing (maybe I missed something though) - who is the guy who collects Zora? At first I thought he was associated with the Jedi Praxeum and that is why he was taking Zora away, but then later on it seems like the idea to take her to Luke (after she shows him the lightsaber) is occurring to him for the first time. And then he randomly shows up with the Scepter, so I assume he is the collector that Kyle mentions in the main game. But if so, why did he care about taking Zora in the first place?  Maybe I'm missing the point and these questions are answered in a later episode? 

Overall it's a decent machinima that is well put-together given Jedi Academy's limited tools for the task, and I will check out the next episode to see where you take things.

Thank you for your feedback Kualan. It means much to me. Yes, the early parts featuring Zabrak language aren't that good - let's say its an alien language, and by all means it doesn't have to sound nice to human ears :P (in reality it's inverted english), of course the effect isn't that satisfactory 'cos it's computer-generated.

Hmm, about the plot. Yes it might be unclear who is the older guy. Yes, he is the collector from Commenor as you guessed it right. To answer your question why is he caring. Well, Zora's family has a life debt to him and they promised him their child. Indeed, it's wasn't explained, but doing so I don't know how much further I would have to go into the past to explain all of that. Perhaps if I find some time and (inspiration) I might do a minor prequel.

That's right, the following episodes use in-game voice over (with some changes) and extremely rarely some minor "Zabrak language" voice clips as well. It won't be that annoying though.

On the side note: be sure to find some spare time. Every next episode (except the last one) shall take 1 h of your life  :winkthumb: , but it won't be a time wasted as every next episode is better than the previous one (IMHO!) [there is a surprise in the epilogue episode :)]

Kualan and TheWhitePhoenix like this

But what thing exactly?

Umm...All of what you used, I guess. I'd love to have all the content. :)

Thank you for your feedback Kualan. It means much to me. Yes, the early parts featuring Zabrak language aren't that good - let's say its an alien language, and by all means it doesn't have to sound nice to human ears :P (in reality it's inverted english), of course the effect isn't that satisfactory 'cos it's computer-generated.

Hmm, about the plot. Yes it might be unclear who is the older guy. Yes, he is the collector from Commenor as you guessed it right. To answer your question why is he caring. Well, Zora's family has a life debt to him and they promised him their child. Indeed, it's wasn't explained, but doing so I don't know how much further I would have to go into the past to explain all of that. Perhaps if I find some time and (inspiration) I might do a minor prequel.

That's right, the following episodes use in-game voice over (with some changes) and extremely rarely some minor "Zabrak language" voice clips as well. It won't be that annoying though.

On the side note: be sure to find some spare time. Every next episode (except the last one) shall take 1 h of your life  :winkthumb: , but it won't be a time wasted as every next episode is better than the previous one (IMHO!) [there is a surprise in the epilogue episode :)]

Perhaps a...Special Edition? ;)

Just a little info/update for those interested out there: I've started to shoot a standalone episode taking place after the events said in JKA. The main theatre of events is Valley of the Jedi, Sith world and Yuzhaan Vong. Of course Zora is still the main protagonist and Rosh isn't omited as well ;) (he learned his lesson after all). The episode should be released in mid August.

//EDIT: late August I'm afraid... :-/

TheWhitePhoenix and Jeff like this