Jaden Addon Pack

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/;118760

(If link shows error, refresh til it works.)

Well, after half a year or so of not doing jack shit for this thing, I've finally started working on it again. In the link above, I've only got five skins done personally by me, but I've been working on more. Next release will have at least one skin for every species choice. So far the only ones I haven't at least started yet are the Twi'lek and Zabrak species. I've also updated some of the skins of mine that have already been released in this pack.

robodian2.png

Current progress on my second Rodian skin for the pack. Everything but the skin, belt, and boots made from scratch. Still have yet to get the shading on the leg armor right, and have to add scratches onto the armor over the whole body still. Not looking forward to that, I am absolutely horrid with adding realistic looking scratches to things. :/ Oh yeah, I've also got to fix the texture not quite lining up on the top of the shoulders.

Like I said over at this thread on another site, if anyone would like to contribute to the pack, I would greatly appreciate it. If not, I completely understand.

Anyway, any comments towards anything I post in this thread would be greatly appreciated.

therfiles, Kualan and Dusty like this

Sweet, I always thought the Addon Pack was kinda cool, I was going to include it in my big-totallyawesomelittlebitofeverythingmod for SP.

It could've used more skins for species other than Human Male. But considering that's my favorite species I didn't mind too much... anywhoo, one thing I wished it had more of was the ability to change the colors of the shirts and pants you got to some degree, most were just one static un changeable color.

The rodian looks... interesting...

Yeah, I've been trying to add in more skins for other species, and have been trying to update the ones by me so they have some color support.

I'm wondering how to do color support on this particular Rodian... Perhaps the armor parts could gain some color? Or so you think that would be too much of the skin colored? Decisions, decisions...

I really should get the color part figured out before I make the skin... So much easier that way. XD

I'm actually planning on adding a glow to that skin, along with certain parts of the Rodian skin when I add in the appropriate parts. The problem is that shaders give me a headache. I dunno what it is about them, I just have trouble with em. XD

That glowing head looks badass, though!

Ruxith likes this

I'm growing more and more frustrated with the kneepads. Nothing I do makes them look good to me. I've completely restarted them more times than I can even remember at this point, and still nothing looks quite right. At this point, I just want to say fuck it and leave it as it is...

robodian3.png

Oh yeah, I also made some slight changes to the arms the the armor on the legs.

Please point out any flaws you see. (Besides crooked lines.. I'm working on that already)

The seam line running down the right arm there. Is it meant to go over that seam patch for the small pocket at the top? It does on top, but doesn't on bottom. (bottom looks better)

It actually does, on the bottom. It is just hard to see. (Edit: Perhaps it actually doesn't, now that I take a closer look in ModView... I may have screwed something up there. Nice catch!)

The knee pads kind of do just look like they came out of safety kit for roller blading, but at this point in time I don't have a suggestion to contribute. I will say it does at least look a lot better with those details over the knees.

I just typed out a response to this part of your post, but it disappeared while I took another look at the skin... O.o

Anyway, I said that I tried many times to get it to look right without using any source pictures, but couldn't, so I just googled 'kneepads' and based them on what I found there, which explains the rollerblade pad style it seems to have. I considered leaving the kneepads solid (without those holes) but it seemed far too plain like that... If I get any ideas on how to make it look better, I'm gonna change it as soon as I can. Perhaps if I didn't work on this skin when I am half asleep, it would turn out better. XD

P.S. Would you rather have a real specular map rather than painting specular lighting directly onto the main texture?

I'm horrible with shaders. If I can get em to look decent, then I may just go for that, but I dunno if I can.