Files posted by JKEnhanced Team
The first release of the Jedi Knight II:Enhanced mod. This is an early alpha with not so many features.
The forums for this mod can be found here: https://jkhub.org/forum/106-jedi-knight-enhanced/
Jedi Knight: Enhanced is a mod which aims to enhance the base game experience by adding new content, refurbishing old content, and forming a new creative base to work off of.
The series is based on OpenJK, which is in turn based on the source release from April 2013.
This is the Jedi Knight II version of the mod. If you are looking for the Jedi Academy version, you are sorely mistaken.
In the current release (Alpha 1), the mod contains the following features:
- A bounty of new commands and cvars to toy around with
- SFX Sabers
- Improved AI
- (many) fixed bugs and errors in the original game files
- Weapon JSON system (WIP)
- A few new weapon models to preview
- Some new skyboxes
- New fonts
- New AT-ST model, with improved handling and a new minigun weapon
- Dynamic Glow (from JKA) applied to many of the shaders in the game currently
- Randomized dialogue system - some lines have been replaced with unused takes
- The AI Workshop: an NPC debugging suite and playhouse
This simple PK3 will fix the issue "Couldn't find model for weapon" for JA:Enhanced when using the Ultimate Weapons mod by BlasTech.
The new weapons that JA:Enhanced introduces (Droid Blaster rifle, Z6 Rotary Blaster, DC-15a Repeater) are unaffected by Ultimate Weapons.
The alterations that Ultimate Weapons introduces to the base weapons are preserved.
NOTE: If you don't already have it and you're on Windows, you'll need the MSVC++ 2010 redistributable: http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=5555
NOTE: If you're having crashing issues, try the default renderer by setting cl_renderer to rdcustomsp-vanilla
Jedi Academy Enhanced is a mod for Jedi Academy Single Payer which adds RGB sabers, saber customisation, holstering, new force powers, some extra character customisation options using “head swapping” and optionally allows you to use AJL's SFX Sabers.
It's based on OpenJK (so the code is released under the GPL and available at https://github.com/redsaurus/OpenJK/tree/custom) and a slightly modified version (for SP) of AJL's SFX Saber code. It also uses Open Jedi Project code for TrueView.
Features and Commands
• All OpenJK features and fixes.
• RGB Sabers These can be set in the menus or by setting the sabercolor to a hex code in the console - for example "/sabercolor 1 xff0000" will set the first lightsaber blade to be red. It is possible to set the sabercolours of NPCs by setting their sabercolor to a hex code in the .npc file. If you want to set one sabercolour for base and one for this mod, you can set the sabercolor of the NPC or lightsaber to the base value, and sabercolorRGB to the RGB value for this mod. Higher blade numbers are set with saberColorRGB2, saber2ColorRGB3 etc.
• SFX Sabers SFX Sabers can be enabled in the console by setting cg_SFXSabers to 1.
• Ignition Flare A lightsaber ignition flare can be enabled in the console by setting cg_ignitionFlare to 1. A custom ignition flare can be specified for a lightsaber with "ignitionFlare <shader>" in the .sab file.
• Custom Sabers Now lightsabers can be customised like the player species. An example customisable hilt is included thanks to AshuraDX.
• Saber Holsters Lightsabers are now holstered when not in use. A tag_holsterorigin can be added to a hilt for better placement. Adding "holsterPlace <none/hips/back/lhip>" in the .sab file specifies where a hilt will be holstered.
• Headswapping Several new heads are available for the human male and human female species. You can add your own heads - see the .headswap files in the sp_custom.pk3 for examples. NPCs can have heads set using the playerHeadModel and customHeadSkin commands in their .npc file.
• RGB Character Colours Adds an RGB slider option to all player species.
• Better Entity Spawning The /spawn command now supports entity keys, e.g. "spawn fx_runner fxFile the/file".
• .eent files Maps now load entities from mapentities/mapname.eent in addition to loading them from the .bsp file.
• Raz0r's MP Movement Raz0r's MP-style movement from the SP speedrun version can be enabled by getting g_MPmovement to 1.
• Extra Player Tints (Unused) Playermodels are able to have multiple tints. If you enter “newPlayerTint 0 <R> <G> <B>”, any shader stages for the player with “rgbGen lightingDiffuseEntity 0” will be tinted to this colour rather than the usual.
• Ghoul2 view models First person view weapon models are now allowed to use .glm models using eezstreet's code.
• Detachable E-Web The player can detach an E-Web from its mount by pressing the Use Force button whilst using it. While the E-Web is equipped, the player moves more slowly.
• More usable weapons The tusken rifle and noghri stick are fully usable by the player. A DC15-A clone rifle, DC15-S clone blaster and E-5 droid blaster have also been added.
• Improved jedi_hm DT's very nice improved Human Male jedi is included.
• Katarn Saberstyle A gun / saber stance. Not completely ready yet, but you play around with it (with cheats enabled) by doing "give weapon_bryar_pistol" and then "setsaberstyle katarn" in the console.
• Saberthrow Saberthrow is now a force power.
• New force powers Force Insanity, Destruction, Repulse and Stasis have been added. Force Repulse is gained automatically during the SP campaign. NPCs can use Destruction and Stasis. For faster force regeneration, g_forceRegenTime has been brought over from MP.
• TrueView As seen in Open Jedi Project and all the other mods that used it, TrueView shows the player model in first person view. You can turn it on for guns with cg_trueguns and turn it on for sabers with cg_fpls.
• Radar The radar system from Siege in MP now works in SP. Giving NPCs and misc_radar_icon entities the icon key will set a custom icon. A 2D minimap is also loaded from minimaps/mapname.mmap.
• rd-rendsaurus A heavily in progress new renderer. It won't be anything on the scale of rend2, but for now it has some kind of support for frame buffer objects. You can turn them on with r_FBOs 1 - I found that dynamic glow was made significantly faster on OSX.
The code and menu files are GPL. The relevant GPL license is included in the "readmes” folder. For completeness the Open Jedi Project readme is included although permission has been granted to use the TrueView code under the GPL.