Star Wars: The Tale of The Aethers

So...I haven't really been doing a lot of posting my own forums, and I've been considering letting this be known for a while on here cause without this website, this never would've gotten off the ground. I did share this privately with a few, but I wanted to consider making this 100% public. I don't remember if I made it known before, but in the past I did Jedi Academy Machinimas, but due to IRL circumstances, I stopped twice. Third time is the charm. Currently, this series is in it's first season with Episode 3 just being released. So to give you guys a preview, here's Episode Zero, which is a prelude Episode.

BitChute EP0 Part 1: https://www.bitchute.com/video/R2xVsyLqLTgl

BitChute EP0 Part 2: https://www.bitchute.com/video/iddWCKV39m53

Each season will be at least 10 episodes so I don't burn myself out and thus, I can cover as much as I can by separating each episode into parts.

Now why not post on Youtube? For one, I don't trust Youtube's copyright system. Not to mention, other things such as the flagging system. But I've been using these websites for a while and they are quite as useful as Youtube. The only downside to vid.me is that unverified users can only upload 3GB until they're verified. Plus, unverified users also can only upload 30 minutes. It's a bit of a bummer, but eh. You work around it. The 30 minutes is better than Youtube's old 15 minute model.

Addon: As of now, BitChute is the only one I'll be using.

How many seasons will there be? I'm gonna be covering as much as I can from ALL of the Expanded Universe, plus some things in Canon will be brought into Legends (like Episode 7 for instance, albeit it'll be after the Legacy comics instead of 30 years after Episode 6) cause I figured, hey why not? A friend of @@Mert-K is helping me out on that front.

I'll try to keep up with this, but don't be surprised if I get a bit lazy.

TacoMan, Delta-573, Kuhe and 1 other like this
  • 4 weeks later...

Your writing and edit seem pretty good man!

You shouldn't shy away from doing voice-overs though, it's 2017 ;P

It would make your work much more immersive for sure.

Thanks, dude. I appreciate it. ^_^

I would do voice acting, but that takes more time than what I have available these days. Think of the style I use as a sort of throwback to the older machinimas back in the day.

Plus...there is a sort of charm to seeing that kind of style cause it leaves the characters voices to the imagination, which adds to the value IMO.

Jeff, TacoMan and Kuhe like this

I think you should really use jaMME instead of recording a gameplay with subtitles. Right now it isn't inviting to watch it at all. Honestly, it can be a good story, but I cannot watch it for the heck of me, because it does not seem like a movie/machinima at all. With jaMME you can do really crazy shots.

Good luck!

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I think you should really use jaMME instead of recording a gameplay with subtitles. Right now it isn't inviting to watch it at all. Honestly, it can be a good story, but I cannot watch it for the heck of me, because it does not seem like a movie/machinima at all. With jaMME you can do really crazy shots.

Good luck!

It's not for everybody, of course. One of the things with doing it in the style I do in is the timing of the shots as well as the timing of subtitles, which can be finicky. But I appreciate the suggestion of JAMME, which is a cool mod in of itself. And thank you. :)

And here is Episode 4 Part 3, guys. With this, I'm gonna be taking a break for the remainder of the month since I have been at this nonstop for a while. We all deserve a break every now and then, plus breaks help you from burning out, which I don't want to happen. Look forward to seeing more next year early January, though. :D

https://www.bitchute.com/video/HwEVvSiGDvj4/

Jeff likes this
  • 5 weeks later...

Can you upload that animated idle stance?

That's actually from the Clone Wars Stances. I combined it with some MD2 animations as well as @@katanamaru's old DF2 stances that he made for the defunct MOTS mod. It's actually easy to combine animations to a humanoid file using blender as well as other tools.

https://jkhub.org/topic/8472-animations-with-blender/?do=findComment&comment=121846

z3filus likes this