Measure objects [Blender]

I am interested to learn what is the actual way of finding out what are the exact measurements for a particular part of an object, or the full object inside of Blender. 

As I have a good friend of mine who just started in the business of crafting custom build lightsabers and he is willing to use 3D printed parts, such as for the chassis that can be noticed on few more advanced lightsaber props, having the crystal inside of them.

He already bought a 3D printer for this purpose and have plenty of models ready to be printed in both .STL and .OBJ files but before that (as he never did this before), he needs to know what are the exact measurements in MM or CM (not inches!)

I tried searching couple of tutorials over YouTube and Bing to check for something useful, but so far I only managed to figure out how to show all of measurements for every single triangle of the object and it was hard to understand, as the numbers are covering each others. Any support / suggestions, experience or links for tutorials on this matter are welcome. 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...