What About Singleplayer?

Drakov

Hello there !

I had some questions regarding single player mod of Knights of the Force 2.1 by Linken, which would make buy a retail version of the game...

Will the mod support full singleplayer campaign? I often read "multiplayer" and "singleplayer" parts on the topics, but I'm not sure if Singleplayer means Campaign, or Multiplayer with bots?

Will the mod bring the menus the older versions did? Like play as a chosen character, give whatever weapon you wanted and give advantages like older version did, like stormtrooper had unlimited ammo for E-11 carbine and all? 

Will the mod allow for NPC manipulation such as changing their sides, spawning and all? (singleplayer only of course)

Hello there !

Hi!

I had some questions regarding single player mod of Knights of the Force 2.1 by Linken, which would make buy a retail version of the game...

While I do post the progress reports, @@Fire Phoenix is the owner of the mod, not me. Also I hope you're not talking about buying this mod! It's free!

Will the mod support full singleplayer campaign? I often read "multiplayer" and "singleplayer" parts on the topics, but I'm not sure if Singleplayer means Campaign, or Multiplayer with bots?

We do have plans on creating missions for Single Player pertaining to the saga, but they will not be present in the beta, they'll be in the final release. If we do include any missions for the beta, they'll most likely be very basic. Multiplayer will stay multiplayer of course.

Will the mod bring the menus the older versions did? Like play as a chosen character, give whatever weapon you wanted and give advantages like older version did, like stormtrooper had unlimited ammo for E-11 carbine and all? 

We hope so, but I can't give any specific details at this time. We have no plans to give any weapon unlimited ammo outside of missions.

Will the mod allow for NPC manipulation such as changing their sides, spawning and all? (singleplayer only of course)

We have plans for an NPC spawner menu, if we're able to make them change sides, then we'll do it.

Thank you for your support!

TheWhitePhoenix and TicNoel501 like this

Hi!

While I do post the progress reports, @@Fire Phoenix is the owner of the mod, not me. Also I hope you're not talking about buying this mod! It's free!

We do have plans on creating missions for Single Player pertaining to the saga, but they will not be present in the beta, they'll be in the final release. If we do include any missions for the beta, they'll most likely be very basic. Multiplayer will stay multiplayer of course.

We hope so, but I can't give any specific details at this time. We have no plans to give any weapon unlimited ammo outside of missions.

We have plans for an NPC spawner menu, if we're able to make them change sides, then we'll do it.

Thank you for your support!

Here's the answer !

No of course, I guessed it's free, just was talking about me buying a retail version instead of playing on steam ^^"

Well, I was talking about the original JKA campaign following Jaden Korr and Kyle Katarn, though I guess your own missions would be pretty interesting :) So was I asking if the original campaign could support your mod's hilts, NPCs, menus...

That's okay for weapons, as we're talking about it, will the solo version of the mod support new weapons you're working on? I heard this game is kinda hard for devs & modders to implement new weapons, so...will it be a thing?

Okay for NPC spawner, like the character changer it's the feature that made me install KotF by default whenever I installed the game ^^

You're welcome, thank you too for bringing players and this game new and cool stuff and content event about 15 years after its release :)

Here's the answer !

No of course, I guessed it's free, just was talking about me buying a retail version instead of playing on steam ^^"

Well, I was talking about the original JKA campaign following Jaden Korr and Kyle Katarn, though I guess your own missions would be pretty interesting :) So was I asking if the original campaign could support your mod's hilts, NPCs, menus...

That's okay for weapons, as we're talking about it, will the solo version of the mod support new weapons you're working on? I heard this game is kinda hard for devs & modders to implement new weapons, so...will it be a thing?

Okay for NPC spawner, like the character changer it's the feature that made me install KotF by default whenever I installed the game ^^

You're welcome, thank you too for bringing players and this game new and cool stuff and content event about 15 years after its release :)

Yes, the original JKA campaign will be in KOTF. If you look at Fire Phoenix's dev thread, look at his menu progress, and you'll see a spoiler labelled Campaign. It shows 2 options; Star Wars Saga, and Jedi Academy.

Most of the weapons we're implementing will be featured in both MP and SP, we have some weapons that will not appear in multiplayer as they're mission exclusive.

TheWhitePhoenix and TicNoel501 like this