Saber Skill

FP_SABER_OFFENSE

FP_SABER_DEFENSE

As far as I know, these can only go up to 5.

Not 3, as everyone would have you believe, but are they allowed to go higher then that?

Also, does putting it up to 5 make it better then 3? Does putting it higher then 5 make it better then THAT?

Bek likes this

5 is as high as it goes without code change. 5 does change things, saber style 4 and 5 are the styles that the bosses Tavion and Desaan use in JK2. They are 1 handed styles, Tavion's style is similar to the fast style except it does medium damage and difficult to block, Desaan's style is similar but with medium speed and high damage.

Everyone who plays the game knows about these, they are usable in some mods but are very unbalanced and overpowered.

5 is as high as it goes without code change. 5 does change things, saber style 4 and 5 are the styles that the bosses Tavion and Desaan use in JK2. They are 1 handed styles, Tavion's style is similar to the fast style except it does medium damage and difficult to block, Desaan's style is similar but with medium speed and high damage.

Everyone who plays the game knows about these, they are usable in some mods but are very unbalanced and overpowered.

Noooo, not the styles.

(There are 7 styles in the game) I know about them.

But I'm wondering what does changing it to 5 do then?

Changing it to 5 with a single saber allows for you to have the 5 single bladed styles, with dual sabers and staff it does nothing.

Defense goes up if you increase to 5 but it isn't really even noticeable.

Has there been any mods that add new saber styles (with new animations, of course).

In Jedi Academy it goes up to 7, I guess because of the addition of staff and duals styles. Maybe originally saber offense gave you saber styles like in JK2, but it doesn't anymore. (In my mod I make saber offense and defense modify your base attack power, as I feel that fits more with the game since you choose custom saber styles unlike JK2).

In JK2 saber offense went up to 5 to give you desann and tavion styles I think.

Saber Defense maxes at 3.