Ship flies to planet cutscene

I am a bit experimenting with cutscenes. Now I d like to have a ship approaching a certain planet and wanted to know how JKA did it, but these are all ROQ files (so prerecorded renderings, probably to save either map space or to much hastle with a different environment in a map / load times if its a seperate file)

Now I know a few ways to achieve this effect, since JKA has with Byss a pretty nice starred skybox. What bothers me is creating the planet (a sphere) but its hard to create a texture shader for this. 

Can this be achieved out of the game as well? Say I record a ship flying to a certain point, is it possible to add in a later stadium a planet in the background via a certain program and make that an ROQ? @@therfiles I know you have played with this in the JK:JB campaign for Blenjeel (you made a roq out of it too). Any guidelines or help you can offer (or anyone else off course)

• 3 weeks later...

Those cut scenes are CGI rendered in some sort of 3d suite like Max, XSI or Maya (no one will know for sure) and are not game models or anything of the sort.

If you want to make this you need to first get your skills up in whatever software you're using to make something like this, a lot of post processing and after effects are needed. I'm sure all the models you could ever want are free all over the internet, the polycount can of course be as high as your PC can handle. Making something like this takes a lot of time, you're going to have to model, animate and do a rough render in whatever software you're using then pull the movie into something like an Adobe or Autodesk suite for a lot of touching up then after that you worry about converting to ROQ which is just a movie file type that the game uses.

Any time you see stuff that uses game assets, those aren't really cut scenes, they're just scripted events. Seeing the 3 Mon Calimari cruisers blow up that Star Destroyer at the end of the game, that's a ROQ cut scene.

I just happened to notice again another modding assistance need is in the general modding forum, just saying...