Rurouni Kenshin: Redemption

There was actually going to be a Samurai themed mod based on the anime entitled Rurouni Kenshin: Redemption for Jedi Academy. It was made long ago in 2003, when creators were making the character models such as Kenshin Himura, Saito Hajime, Aoshi Shinomori, Makoto Shishio, and Seta Sojiro. The weapons were also made and they were Katana swords and other ancient Japan weapons used by Samurais. They were still working on the mod over the years, sadly in 2009 it got cancelled. Fortunately I still found the archive to the website that was making the Rurouni Kenshin mod and a couple of photos to share as well. What do you guys think about this?

http://web.archive.org/web/20090119000238/http://rkredemption.com/multimedia.php

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rurouni-kenshin-redemption

potw.jpg29066.jpg

Smoo, TheWhitePhoenix and Xanemus like this

I was hyped for this, would like to have the models etc that they did finished. I'd probably try work on it myself if i had the source.

@eezestreet, lol my plan for long time is to make a samurai / ninja game based on Soul of the Samurai (ps1 game) and JK2/3 once I have more experience with programming and have a team of game designers to help.

KyleKatarn1995 likes this

I was hyped for this, would like to have the models etc that they did finished. I'd probably try work on it myself if i had the source.

@eezestreet, lol my plan for long time is to make a samurai / ninja game based on Soul of the Samurai (ps1 game) and JK2/3 once I have more experience with programming and have a team of game designers to help.

I was hoping if one of the creators of this mod can finish it. It's already starting to look good especially in a style of Rurouni Kenshin. Sword slashing Samurais and lots of other good fights.

Smoo likes this
  • 2 years later...

I'd recommend another game: WAY of the Samurai, fantastic open-world Action-RPG's akin to Bushido Blade & this game. 4 games and a spin-off.

Smoo likes this
  • 1 month later...

I'd recommend another game: WAY of the Samurai, fantastic open-world Action-RPG's akin to Bushido Blade & this game. 4 games and a spin-off.

Yes I've played some of those, played the first one in japanese too and understand some of it haha