Graphics issues with some lightsaber blades

Go to solution Solved by Raz0r,

Hi

I've been searching for about 3 weeks now with no luck. I have a problem with some saber mods  (like W 7 Blade + TFU blade ver2 KyloRenSaber_BladeFX1-02) where the blade comes up with lot of gray squares around it. I remove the mods and blades look normal. I can use "Xeby_KyloRen_SaberV3" without any issues. 

I have tried all the graphic settings, I've tried copying the "opengl32.dll" to the GameData (and main folder and base folder), even tried sweetfx with no luck.

I am running Windows 10 and an nVidia GTX 750 with the latest drivers. Any advise will be welcome. Thanks in Advance.

• Solution

I've tried copying the "opengl32.dll" to the GameData

This is an absolute last resort when for when your OpenGL driver fails to load at all. Don't just replace DLLs you got from the net. It's more likely to cause issues than solve them (not to mention being a great way to distribute malware)

The grey boxes is what happens when a shader/texture fails to load. It could either be a poorly made mod, or it could be condlicting with another mod.

Have you tried with OpenJK?

The Punisher and Darth Sion like this

This is an absolute last resort when for when your OpenGL driver fails to load at all. Don't just replace DLLs you got from the net. It's more likely to cause issues than solve them (not to mention being a great way to distribute malware)

The grey boxes is what happens when a shader/texture fails to load. It could either be a poorly made mod, or it could be condlicting with another mod.

Have you tried with OpenJK?

Thanks a lot Raz0R!

I tried the OpenGL dll because found several posts on the internet pointing to it but seems the dll might not be the right one.

Last night while still searching, found some post that while not the same issue, the person recommended the same thing so this morning I tried OpenJK and it works fine! I tried back the original JA and the problem still occurs, so looks like I will have to use OpenJK until I find a permanent solution. Appreciate a lot your time and feedback!

Thanks. I think I will. Weird thing is, I tried JA++ per Raz0r's signature, and the problem came back. I removed the call to JA++ and OpenJK works fine again.

Well then that means you have a conflicting pack somewhere rather than graphical issue.

Do you have JA+ and JA++ installed or something?

The Punisher likes this

Hi ensiform

I don't have JA+. I just have a few mods I downloaded here (Journeyman Customization mod, a  couple of versions of Luke Skywalker from TFA and  Kylo Ren and his lightsaber). I tried Evolution of Combat in the past but wasn't too found of it so I removed it, but the problem with the blade textures existed before that.

Celebrated too soon, since I was just checking the saber \blades on the main menu. Now when I start the game using OpenKJ or OpenJK/JA++, the game crashes. Regular JA works fine with no crashes.

Never mind, after some troubleshooting I found for some reason I was missing the 2 files in the OpenJK sub-folder (openjk-x86.pk3 and jagamex86.dll), they were on the "base" folder instead.