Need help with curves in Geometry

Hey guys finally I'm able to start working with Radiant.
Right now I try to create a typical Star-Wars like Cantina and tried to create a Bar-Desk with a curved shape and round edges.
Something that looks in some way similar to this:
https://notmygamenews.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/screenshot_2011-12-20_18_03_35_122662.jpg

Concerning Models from the misc_model section I found a "desk.md3" in the cinematics folder of map objects that fits pretty well but I can't apply textures to it.
I couldn't find any tutorials on Map elements with a curved/round shape. It would be great if someone could help me out a little and explain how to do something like this properly in Radiant.

Another solution would be that I could Model this desk in Maya, because I have some more experience with Maya. Is it possible to simply model it in Maya, import it in Radiant and Texture it with textures in my JKA folders?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another question offtopic:
Is there a possibilty to change the Faction of certain NPCs? I'd like to spawn a Reborn Sith from JKA who doesnt attack the player.

Best Regards
Galahad

As for the desk, you can either model it and export it as .obj, .md3 or .ase (so that you can add it directly into the map), or you can use patches, either Shift + P or Curves -> Simple Patch Mesh, selecting width and height, then manipulate the vertexes of the patch to curve it. Should you decide to go down the model path, remember that once exported you cannot change its textures in Radiant, unlike patches - you have to complete it first, and then export it.

As for the NPCs, you can either edit the .npc file related to the Reborn (all of the .npc files are inside ext_data/npcs/), and change its playerTeam to TEAM_PLAYER and enemyTeam to TEAM_ENEMY. You can also do the same with a simple script, that you can create with BehavED, setting the player and enemy teams, which will only work on any NPC affected by the script though, leaving the original .npc file untouched.