Just upgraded to 1080p 1980x1020 resolution and cannot get it to work

Hello, I have been toying around a lot with different commands and tactics to get my new monitor to be able to use its native resolution with the game itself. I notice around in game that the graphics and quality of the game looks worse than it was when I had everything on my old monitor which was 1680x820 and worked with the 1600x800 on the in game settings perfectly. I hope that I may be making a simple mistake in all the things that I have tried doing to fix this which would be using commands such as r_customwidth and r_customheight to manually put in the correct format for my new monitor. I really hope that I can get this to work because I want to see the difference in the upgrade to 1080p and not feel like this new monitor makes everything I had before look worse than it ever did.

krkarr and Smoo like this

Actually I think openjk worked for me! I saw a big difference in the overall quality in it. Unfortunately openjk doesn't seem to fully work with me I installed it just now the way it said on github from the latest build on the open source from another website and clicked on the sp version of the openjk.exe and I can't seem to be able to use my lightsaber the blade was for some reason invisible. Then in another sequence I tried to use a different map then the one I had before on there and I was a 3d model skeleton. Then when I tried to use a different playermodel the game crashed. Welp I was happy I was able to get it working for me somewhat but I don't like the idea of having to mess around with openjk. I would rather find a way to do it on the original singleplayer game.

With OpenJK:

r_mode -2
r_fullscreen 1
vid_restart
Without OpenJK:

r_mode -1
r_customWidth 1920
r_customHeight 1080
r_fullscreen 1
vid_restart
EDIT: I should really not leave tabs open for hours without replying.

As for OpenJK SP, try launching it with +set fs_game "OpenJK"

Smoo likes this

With OpenJK:

r_mode -2
r_fullscreen 1
vid_restart
Without OpenJK:

r_mode -1
r_customWidth 1920
r_customHeight 1080
r_fullscreen 1
vid_restart
EDIT: I should really not leave tabs open for hours without replying.

As for OpenJK SP, try launching it with +set fs_game "OpenJK"

I just tried it without openjk the way you instructed and it worked! Although I ran into another error while browsing my maps that there appears to be no skybox just a gray sky over all of the maps I have tried so far. Don't know why that is happening and I am not sure if that is because of what I just did lol

I was able to get it looking a lot better actually by using the DSR on my invidia graphics card to bump the quality up to 4k quality and it runs smooth. Although I am not sure why but I have noticed that the skyboxes in all my maps are missing. I am not sure if it is because of changing the resolution which is highly unlikely. Perhaps I didn't notice it until now but it might be a mod disrupting something I'm not entirely sure. I think I am going to reinstall the game and see if that works.