Cybernetic Maul

Hmm! While browsing for files I came across something peculiar.

Back in 2007 Hoodz made a JKA model that was Darth Maul with his cybernetic legs. The strange thing is this didn't actually appear on-screen till years later in The Clone Wars TV show.

Were there any other canon appearances of Darth Maul with cybernetic legs in Star Wars media/fiction before 2008? Or did The Clone Wars team actually take a fan design/idea and turn it into canon?

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Academy/Models/Star%20Wars/78858/

I have that comic! It's called Star Wars: Visionaries. It was the concept of a comic artist that had the opportunity to build a story around it. However, I highly doubt it was considered canon even back then!

It wasn't. It was part of a non-canon INFINITIES story where Maul comes back and hunts down Obi-Wan to Tatooine in 16 BBY, three years after Revenge of the Sith. He attacks Owen and holds Luke hostage, forcing Obi-Wan to duel him again.

Cerez likes this

If I am not mistaken Visionaries was considered canon before the Clone Wars came along. When the Clone Wars DID come around to doing stupid shit with Maul they made it non-canon. The actual story is called Old Wounds or something like that. I always considered it canon because it is so insignificant, much like mauls over all role in The Phantom Menace. 

Edit: Reading about this on Wookiepedia, Old Wounds was never considered canon (unfortunately  :P)

Cerez likes this

If I am not mistaken Visionaries was considered canon before the Clone Wars came along. When the Clone Wars DID come around to doing stupid shit with Maul they made it non-canon. The actual story is called Old Wounds or something like that. I always considered it canon because it is so insignificant, much like mauls over all role in The Phantom Menace. 

Edit: Reading about this on Wookiepedia, Old Wounds was never considered canon (unfortunately  :P)

I always founded it to be alright and could fit in the timeline just fine.

Jolly and Cerez like this