[DISCOVERY] Large quantity of unused effect flags

Here we go again. Looks like Raven added a whole bunch of flags to the engine parser for .efx that aren't referenced by EffectsEd, but ARE used in the game. You'll have to add these flags via NotePad (EffectsEd does NOT add them to the effect, but the engine still looks for them)

flags:

- ghoul2Collision: Performs DIRECT COLLISION with any Ghoul2 model in the world (including players). Moderately expensive. Apparently works better in SP than in MP (cannot confirm)

- ghoul2Decals: Puts a decal on a ghoul2 model (incuding players). Not very expensive.

- relative: Unknown. Probably was a WIP of cheapOrgCalc. Does not work in SP.

- paperPhysics/localizedFlash/playerView: Unknown what all of these are, but flip the same flag (so they all do the same thing on different segments), but seems to suggest that the effect is based off of wind. localizedFlash is used by Flash segments only. These do not work in SP (they are physically not referenced)

On the flip end of things, spawnflags "lessAttenuation" does not do anything in MP (it DOES work in SP however)

minilogoguy18, Sentra and therfiles like this

What's your opinion of moderately expensive on a newer system with newer video card and loads of ram?

Video card doesn't really matter, JA does a lot of it's rendering on the CPU due to an awkward engine interface in general. RAM also has literally no effect in this case.

I'd really like to know more about collision, the main thing that bugs me about this game is the bounding box's, a dynamic collision mesh would be far better.

ghoul 2 models already use mesh based collision, see lightsabers, which do basically no bounding box collision at all (except htey kinda tend to sometimes...see MB2 passthrough). The whole saber collision is a little weird though.

More unused fields:

- materialImpact: when added to an effect, crashes the game (usually)

I do enjoy my own satirical interpretation of how you volunteer information like this. It reads to me like you're expecting someone to say "Oh I have got to try this!".

That kinda wasn't the idea though. (although it is kinda funny that you mention it like that) My original intention is that the community could benefit from such info (also, I have no idea how any of these look ingame, so somebody willing to test, give it a shot (especially paperPhysics))