A Gargoyle model

Do you need it urgently?

I'll try to squeeze a few hours in this weekend, and see if I can finish this for you. (Right now I'm very much focused on completing and releasing my year-long Ahsoka model, but I want to get full swing back into modelling straight after.)

Do you need it urgently?

I'll try to squeeze a few hours in this weekend, and see if I can finish this for you. (Right now I'm very much focused on completing and releasing my year-long Ahsoka model, but I want to get full swing back into modelling straight after.)

Well... i am finishing to rebuild and retexturing a map that i need to use for make the second of the cathedrals of my mod. so... yes, it's for the decorations... is not massively urgency, but i will need soon. o.o take your time. :) if you late 2 weeks i not bite you ^_^

Langerd likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

@@Asgarath83 How many of these little guys are you going to place on the map? What sort of polycount should I aim for?

Should I keep their bottom flat (like a statue), so you can place them on a flat surface and they'll appear rooted/heavy?

Wait D:

1 : i not know, but many. take the poly count to low \ medium value.

2 : mmm i appreciated if gargoyle is stand on kneels with as flat the bottom of the feets. the arms upon the legs, touching the ground, the face with frown expression and eyes that watching the observer. mmm for facial expression... can gargoyles roar instead of make an evil smile? i think the statue need to incute fear. also, a roaring gargoyle can hallow a target_weapon_shooter in front of mouth and so some statue can shooting the players. :)

14dq7ww.png

Still working on the wings...

UYes, pretty nice!! D: is exactly how i desire. thanks! :3

UYes, pretty nice!! D: is exactly how i desire. thanks! :3

Remember only two technical thing about MD3 models.

1: not make a mesh with more of 1000 vertexes, if you overcap this limit, split the model into more meshes.

2: when you end to modelling the model, select all meshes and go to edit mode and press CTRL + T this convert the square faces into triangles. squared faces are not supported by md3view and jka : \

Thanks very much however, it's really cute. :3 i cannot wait to see the textured versions should be really scarry XD

Langerd likes this

Finished with the wings and the geometry. Take it for a 3D spin and let me know if it looks good. We're at 929 vertices, so we're just right. ;)

If everything's fine, I'll add the UV seams and create a rough texture for it. Can you export it to MD3 from OBJ? You know more about this than I do.
Langerd likes this

Finished with the wings and the geometry. Take it for a 3D spin and let me know if it looks good. We're at 929 vertices, so we're just right. ;)

If everything's fine, I'll add the UV seams and create a rough texture for it. Can you export it to MD3 from OBJ? You know more about this than I do.

I have no words... it's wonderful D: thanks Cerez, really! :3

Yes, i can import OBJ without problem, but maybe is better if you pass me on Private Message also the .blend project when you end uvmapping and textures. so i can convert into MD3 and if i have problems i will tell to you. when models is Okay i make a PK3 and i upload on JKHUD if you want. i think this work is very good and can be shared to all community :) can be useful for fantasy, temples or darkest maps. ^_^

Edit, for my blender the import format more workable is the .3ds i can works fine with 3ds and obj, but is better the .blend file itself with the project and the textures. i use blender 2.64 for build the md3. ;)

Cerez likes this

I've modelled it in Silo, not Blender, so the open OBJ format is our only option to get it into Blender, I think. Okay, I'll finish the UV seams and textures, and I'll PM it to you -- and you let me know if you have difficulties converting it to MD3.

when models is Okay i make a PK3 and i upload on JKHUD if you want. i think this work is very good and can be shared to all community :) can be useful for fantasy, temples or darkest maps. ^_^

Sure, why not. :winkthumb:

Let's release it under this free license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

I've modelled it in Silo, not Blender, so the open OBJ format is our only option to get it into Blender, I think. Okay, I'll finish the UV seams and textures, and I'll PM it to you -- and you let me know if you have difficulties converting it to MD3.

Sure, why not. :winkthumb:

Let's release it under this free license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

Okay, understood. send me the OBJ, the MTL file and the textures when you are ready. ^_^