Where to start?

Chet

I got Jk2 a while back to play on a road trip, loved it. Decided to get the whole series on steam the other day. Unfortunately for me, i cant find a beginners guide on how to play multiplayer, add any mods, or do anything except play against bots (and lose). Am i looking in the wrong place? Greetings all btw

Welcome to JKHub!

We can help you out, for sure. What are you having issues with? Multiplayer is run by dedicated servers, which mean there are no official servers or matchmaking, all servers are run by players of the game. To join one, you just go to Join Game and find a server that has people on it. Depending on the time of day, there will be a variety of numbers of people online playing.

Welcome to JKHub!

We can help you out, for sure. What are you having issues with? Multiplayer is run by dedicated servers, which mean there are no official servers or matchmaking, all servers are run by players of the game. To join one, you just go to Join Game and find a server that has people on it. Depending on the time of day, there will be a variety of numbers of people online playing.

Thats definitely helpful but i was also wondering whether there was a guide to actualy playing the game. im losing to bots on the lowest difficulty! It seems like a 3d fighting game to me, and thats going to  take some doing to get used to

Thats definitely helpful but i was also wondering whether there was a guide to actualy playing the game. im losing to bots on the lowest difficulty! It seems like a 3d fighting game to me, and thats going to  take some doing to get used to

In multiplayer? It depends on which gametype you want to play. Also, welcome!

Not really any guides that I'm aware of. There might be some tutorials on YouTube that show how to do some common saber moves, but the key to this game is practicing. It'll take quite some time until you're decent to hold your own against good players.

I recommend joining servers and getting to know players and clans. Some clans have classes where you can learn all that stuff. Some have people that are nice enough to just show you what they know. Are you trying to play JK2 or JKA?

In Jk2 we have frequent training sessions with the nD clan and with lots of beginners. We're interested in having anyone who wants to be taught ^^.

If you want to find us, take contact on the forums linked above, or look for us in game (version 1.02). If you get JK2mv (a very stable fix/mod) you will be able to see and join servers from 1.04, 1.03 and 1.02 from the same executable.

I have some videos about saber-only gameplay (on a summer hiatus now), intended for both beginners and longtimers that may be useful:

"A (not yet) complete guide to the lightsaber"

Circa likes this