Supporting 1.00

• 6 months later...

If you want to get it to compile on Linux you're going to be in for a much more interesting compile since the client was never intended to run on Linux. Mac won't compile right out of the box either. Not just a VC issue.

More of an issue with different compilers, if you used icc on linux it was less problematic than using gcc, even using gcc on windows yields a lot of interesting errors. The devs used C++ compilers rather than a stricter C compiler like gcc

Why not to make a mod that let's you play on both versions like jk2mv? I added 1.00 demos support into jaMME and demos works fine there. You don't need to even change anything, only few things in the engine to choose which dlls to load.

Id love that, i can already play 1.00 on normal jamp and ja+/++ on openjk but other mods or base need the 1.01 dlls

• 3 weeks later...

Too many hacks involved in the jk2mv route and technically both projects are shipping assets with GPL engines that are derivatives. Though jk2mv has a file diffing scheme for some stuff like menus but I couldn't find where that is handled.

Nice to see you're having a crack at it, btw on 1.00 a guy has a modded openjk server so it works on 1.00, pretty interesting.

I never said I was doing anything about it just looking.

Great for that person.  There is no network incompatibility with 1.00 unlike JK2 because the changes are so insignificant that it doesn't matter :|  Community issue is hardly moot point still.  Community and friends update, problem solved.  Ignore what other communities you don't want to play.