Tweaked gun mod?

I very recently completed Dark Forces 2 some time ago due to the GoG release recently. One thing I noticed though while I was playing through the game was I loved how the guns handled.

Everything from how the stormtrooper rifle cut through enemies to how the wookiee bowcaster's alt fire was so satisfying to use to how the heavy repeater churned out a steady stream of projectiles. I really loved it. 

But I noticed that I never liked the guns much in Jedi Outcast/Academy. They always felt more trouble than they were worth, never did enough damage or were otherwise slow. However I still played through both games many times due to how much I loved the saber combat. It was largely why while I liked the aesthetic and layout of maps like Kejim post I always hated actually playing them and I'd usually skip straight to nar shadda streets

I'm wondering was there ever a mod developed that made the guns more satisfying to use?

Lancelot likes this

In the base game, yes. Most other values excluding missile velocity are controlled in one file: ext_data/weapons.dat.

I implemented an override to OpenJK that allows people to modify the damage and alt damage of weapons there too.

That's disappointing. That explains why I never saw a big gun overhaul for JO/JA.