Servers not showing up in list

Hi guys, I'd like to apologize in advance if this a stupid question or if I'm just being dumb.

Anyways, I loved playing Jedi Academy as a kid, and recently bought it on Steam. I wanted to join a server with a couple of friends who also bought it, but I couldn't find any servers on the main list. However, my friends could, and even when they told me the ip of the server and I tried to connect to it directly, it was just stuck in 'Awaiting Connection' screen and never connected. Tried re-installing it, turning off firewall and antivirus, but nothing has worked so far. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!  

Your router or ISP is blocking the game's UDP packets, either when they're going out to the internet, or when replies are coming back from the internet.

You shouldn't normally need to forward any ports - because it's 2015 - but something's interfering with traffic between your PC and the internet. You could try allowing port UDP 29070 and port 29060 outbound and incoming on your router. If this doesn't work, you should contact your ISP.

• 2 months later...

It means that somewhere along the way to the master server, your requests are being rejected by a firewall. This could be a firewall that's on your computer, the firewall in your modem/router, or a firewall by your Internet Service Provider. You just need to figure out where your requests are being blocked and fix that. You may need to contact your ISP to see if they're blocking the traffic.

The relevant traffic for Jedi Academy is UDP port 29070-29079 and UDP port 29060. Some JKA servers use different ports.