Hilt Replacement

PK3 files are just ZIP archives with a different extension. Open the saber's PK3 file and in the ext_data/sabers/ folder open the .sab file (a simple text file) and change the sabers name (the one before the "{") to that of a base saber (dual_1 to dual_5 and single_1 to single_9). Save the file under the same name plus .sab.

Example: You have a saber_viszla.sab containing

viszla
{
	name		Viszla
	// ... more here
}
You want to replace the single-bladed saber 1 (the Arbiter) with it, so you change it to

single_1
{
	name		Viszla
	// ... more here
}
and save it as single_1.sab.

Make sure your PK3's name is alphabetically after assets1.pk3 so it is loaded later, overwriting the existing ext_data/sabers/single_1.sab.

PK3 files are just ZIP archives with a different extension. Open the saber's PK3 file and in the ext_data/sabers/ folder open the .sab file (a simple text file) and change the sabers name (the one before the "{") to that of a base saber (dual_1 to dual_5 and single_1 to single_9). Save the file under the same name plus .sab.

Example: You have a saber_viszla.sab containing

viszla
{
	name		Viszla
	// ... more here
}
You want to replace the single-bladed saber 1 (the Arbiter) with it, so you change it to

single_1
{
	name		Viszla
	// ... more here
}
and save it as saber_1.sab.

Make sure your PK3's name is alphabetically after assets1.pk3 so it is loaded later, overwriting the existing ext_data/sabers/single_1.sab.

Useful stuff, even though it looks relatively simple, perhaps upload that as a tutorial to JKHub? Might help someone else out :)

Well this way is not entirely correct. To keep the "Arbiter" name appear in the menu, instead of the name of the saber, you gotta put in @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT1. And there's also a way to change the name to something else through the menu and string files. I could write a quick tutorial for that and upload it, but you can also easily find it with google, so I'll have to think on that. Maybe I'll make it better explained or something and than post it.

Well, I'll mention in the tutorial that you can also ADD hilts, just be sure to put names @MENUS_SINGLE_HILT10-15 for singles and @MENUS_STAFF_HILT6-15 but that's the limit. I'll get to it very soon and clarify everything concerning that!

EDIT: The tutorial is submitted, just wait for it to get approved! 

[sharedmedia=tutorials:tutorials:192]