ASE Model Lacks Textures on Blender Import

Go to solution Solved by Kessno,

Currently using Blender v2.71 but also tested this with Blender v2.64.

I've converted the top/lower portions of a door in my map into two separate ASE models, which I want to convert to MD3 so I can animate them to move. After importing one of the models into Blender it doesn't have any textures on it, even after switching to the 'textured' view. If I select sections (objects) of my model it lists which texture it should have applied under the 'texture' tab but there are no textures imported into the program. I'm working out of the game's base directory, the model is located in /base/models/map_objects and the textures are located in the /base/textures folder. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

I had a somewhat similar issue while trying to import ASE's in max. I tried this online converter (I think): http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/

It imported just fine after using an obj format to export, including textures and everything ;)

But you want to export something from map to ase, from ase to md3 with animations? Doesn't sound like that map would work on MP (invisible doors). Did you consider creating a script, with plain func_static?

• Solution

Ah okay, so the model would need to be UV mapped again once it's imported? Good to know. I just discovered Noesis which allows you to convert from ASE to MD3 and appears to keep the texture mapping in place.

Thanks for your feedback!