SWTOR Revan Reborn Skinning Project

I'm just suggesting that it looks like either the uv's are a bit squished vertically in that area, or the ring has been applied stretched onto the uv's, looks that way to me at least. And if so you could squish/stretch it a bit in the texture to compensate for it.

So didn't mean that would solve it, just decrease the scale of deformation a bit.

But yeah not gonna press on it any further ^^'

Ah I get what you're saying now @@Milamber, I'm afraid that's a bit past my expertise when it comes to rigging haha. Haven't really learnt the whole UV Wrapping Process yet as there hasn't really been a need so far. I've got new pics incoming for new textures from the wonderful RevanKnight so that might fix the ring deforming issues.

@@Jolly Time for some progress :P

Special thanks to RevanKnight for providing me with the modified chest, cape, helmet and kilt textures. I just touched some of the seaming up with good 'ol Content Aware tool:

revanrebornmask_zpsccdb6094.jpg

new_revanreborn3_zpsd2b1e5e4.jpg

new_revanreborn2_zps08eb75f4.jpg

new_revanreborn1_zps2ed86e46.jpg

The only issue I'm really having right now is that some of the textures are low rez, does anybody know how to upscale them or at least give the illusion of high resolution.

@@DT85 That's what I said at the start, although it does use elements of other JKA models - it is a frankenstein after all. The only way of editing I've done is a few color touch ups, reskinned the face (albeit not completely) and modified the kilt and cape to make it look tattered. Plus resizing and all that to get it to work with all the other pieces. I'm pretty sure RevanKnight used swtor revan textures from a screenshot and made it work with the UV mapping but the only down side of that is that it results in blurry textures.

I don't really see the issue of there not being made-from-scratch things as its beyond my expertise and seeing as how this can't be released is just more of a showcase for those who are interested.

Heh, that actually works to my advantage @@DT85 considering Revan Reborn's cape is indeed in a triangular shape. Took me ages to track down a cape that suitably had that shape because all the others are curved down in a uniform way.

I'd say the only thing I could change (albeit with help) is the UV Mesh on the kilt as you can see it deforms quite awfully while running but I have no experience with UV Mapping otherwise I'd get right to it!

• 3 years later...

Hello gentlemen.

Now don't get your hopes up about this thing being released since most of it is ported material from the game SWTOR and as far as I can recall that forbids it for being uploaded onto JKHUB. That doesn't mean I can't show you nice screenies though :D

Face re-texture is done by me with help from @ for the Flesh wound texture and the chest texture is just a stand-in because frankly I have no idea how I'm going to get the tattered chestplate look SWTOR has. I am by no means a master skinner which is why I'm glad the face turned out like how it did:

revanreborn_fullshot4_zps8b48a9b7.jpg

revanreborn_fullshot3_zpsf3c865be.jpg

revanreborn_fullshot2_zpscb40b8d3.jpg

revanreborn_fullshot1_zps481df3bf.jpg

Some chance that you share this revan,friend?

username666 and Daradubs like this