Logo picture I've made, interested in opinions (non-Star Wars related)

Well the topic title says it pretty much in short, I've got lots of computer work at home to do right now, going from completely remaking an order-receipt system in Office Excel, a bit of refreshing new graphics on the stickers and our signs and all, so I've gone ahead and drawn something like this for our new Logotype picture: (mouse and keyboard work only)

logotip800.jpg

Uhm, don't mind what these words written above mean, basically it's "Bakery Petovar". I'm interested in what you think, professionals and from everybody else too! I've made it through brush and shape tool work, a bit of text I used just for the borders and drawn the letters on my own over them (4 hours of correcting, duhh) and a little bit of overlay gradient, for now. I mean to color it, but this might need some additional drawing corrections, and it's gonna take a bit more work. For now, it's allright because I need a B&W version separately for use on the new receipt sheets, anyway.

FYI I have to work on this rather than mods right now. It's depressing, even though I haven't got much free time for the computer most times.

Bek and Angel Soul like this

Well the topic title says it pretty much in short, I've got lots of computer work at home to do right now, going from completely remaking an order-receipt system in Office Excel, a bit of refreshing new graphics on the stickers and our signs and all, so I've gone ahead and drawn something like this for our new Logotype picture: (mouse and keyboard work only)

logotip800.jpg

Uhm, don't mind what these words written above mean, basically it's "Bakery Petovar". I'm interested in what you think, professionals and from everybody else too! I've made it through brush and shape tool work, a bit of text I used just for the borders and drawn the letters on my own over them (4 hours of correcting, duhh) and a little bit of overlay gradient, for now. I mean to color it, but this might need some additional drawing corrections, and it's gonna take a bit more work. For now, it's allright because I need a B&W version separately for use on the new receipt sheets, anyway.

FYI I have to work on this rather than mods right now. It's depressing, even though I haven't got much free time for the computer most times.

It looks quite decent. I would add one more thing just above the "Petovar" word. A minor bag of flour with some wheat on its sides, or something. Anything bagery related stuff. :) Not too big, but medium/minor thing.

Rooxon likes this

@@Angel Soul Well, first off thank you! Partly my goal is to create a more or less simple, but unique logo. That's why I went ahead and drawn the letters myself and the wheat up above.. You really think something's missing up there in the other corner? I thought it was allright with just the wheat in the upper left... hmm I need to make good decisions, as this is quite a serious task I've taken up.

Angel Soul likes this

@@Angel Soul Well, first off thank you! Partly my goal is to create a more or less simple, but unique logo. That's why I went ahead and drawn the letters myself and the wheat up above.. You really think something's missing up there in the other corner? I thought it was allright with just the wheat in the upper left... hmm I need to make good decisions, as this is quite a serious task I've taken up.

Welcome @@Rooxon! :) Yep. I think it would look pretty nice. :) You know, cosy and old-school. Are you doing this for someone? If so you can make another version, with the add-on of a small flour sack with wheat... above the word I mentioned. And you can let your client decide which to use.

The client is the creator :P I'm doing this for our own firm, I'll be the next boss of the bakery in a year or so. Well I'll try drawing it and I'll upload the pic afterwards.

Oh really? Congratulations! How nice! :) Well, do something of your Heart's content! Wish you all the best and all success.

Rooxon likes this

@@Angel Soul Thank you very much! 7 years of self-sufficient work is slowly paying out. I've been working for my own money since I was 16 and now I'm finally at a point, where I'm seeing faults in leading it on my own and many other things, that's the main reason why I decided we need a makeover. I'll do that and I'll also take your idea into account and add a small bag of flour up above the words. :) I'll post the pic when I finish it.

Angel Soul likes this

@@Angel Soul Thank you very much! 7 years of self-sufficient work is slowly paying out. I've been working for my own money since I was 16 and now I'm finally at a point, where I'm seeing faults in leading it on my own and many other things, that's the main reason why I decided we need a makeover. I'll do that and I'll also take your idea into account and add a small bag of flour up above the words. :) I'll post the pic when I finish it.

You're welcome!

Since you were 16? Impressive... Most impressive. :D That's very admirable, my friend. :) I am very happy for you. I can only imagine how wonderful you must feel when things are turning this way and for the better. And I wish you all success and joy with it. Sure, you can try and see if you like. The most important thing is that you feel complete and joyful when you watch your logo. Trust yourself. You can do it.

Sure! Please do post when you finish! :D Awaiting with anticipation! ^_^

Rooxon likes this