Realtime capture

I have some demos I want to capture while controlling parameters such as timescale with binds on the go. It doesn't seem to register these clicks.

In any case, if it did, it would still be hard to control, because when I start capturing (capture avi 60 fileName), it captures it at something like 1.5x the speed, which makes it hard to control. The movie looks fine though, but I would like to choose the non-gradual way of doing timescale.

Clearly this is about jaMME, but how I used to do it back in the days before we had awesome tools to work with is that I recorded the scene on timescale 1, then recorded the part I wanted slowed down again at a lower timescale value and just edited them together with video editing software. For any incremental changes over time I'd use cfg scripts, like 360 degree camera rotations or gradual timescale slowdown (from 1 to 0.5 in 1sec via /exec script.cfg). Those were the days. Anyways, carry on.

Boothand likes this

The way I remember (and interpret it), the timeline animates the line speed between the points you set. So even if I set two keypoints (speed 1 and speed 0.3), 0.00001 seconds from each other, it would interpolate that and have a *smooth* transition that only works for animated speed, but makes sudden change act incorrectly.

Anyway, I wanted to control it myself, but I guess I'll render it twice.

Off topic: dofframes inverts the DOF, doesn't seem to respond to (big) changes to depthrange and depthfocus... have done everything in the tut.

EDIT: Using "speed" instead of "timescale" makes it register during capture. Woo!

Dofframes is still weird, have to use depth masks instead.

Off topic: dofframes inverts the DOF, doesn't seem to respond to (big) changes to depthrange and depthfocus... have done everything in the tut.

Show the result?

As I got you use "realistic" new DOF then there are only two cvars you need: mme_depthFocus and mme_dofFrames. Try to follow step-by-step the second way for capturing DOF in my tut.

Ontop: told ya ppl to use speed over timescale so many times.

Show the result?

As I got you use "realistic" new DOF then there are only two cvars you need: mme_depthFocus and mme_dofFrames. Try to follow step-by-step the second way for capturing DOF in my tut.

Ontop: told ya ppl to use speed over timescale so many times.

Same when following step by step.

Ontop: It's been a while :D...

@Boothand, DOF is ok, just set the most minimal (0) for mme_depthFocus. Or if it doesn't help, then try to lock scriptable DOF because iirc when chase mode is set then it does autofocus on current player, but it's not when the POV is on. Sounds weird I guess x]. But give it a try. Do not forget to set custom Radius and Focus values, just do not create the keypoints.

Depthfocus 0 makes the whole screen equally blurry including the player. Changing the value of depthrange after that only makes the background more in focus, but the player remains unfocused.

I've pretty much tried out small and large values for all the depth parameters and none seem to fix the issue.

I've also tried locking the depth and I don't set any keys (but have tried that too).

I've also tried locking the depth and I don't set any keys (but have tried that too).

And set the needed Focus and Radius values with SPACE and W and mouse moving (or just modified the demo HUD) which showed some ceratin values in the demo HUD?

Also try to set mme_depthFocus to 1 then.