[WIP] Castlevania: Lords of Shadow HUD (JKA)

Here's a HUD I'm working on. After many trials and errors, I finally got it this way. Just want to show how it looks like. :)

Things that I know need fixing [Coding assistance MUCH appriciated]:

- Shaders for the bars

- Bar reflection (giving it a 3D look), which strangely enough only works on the green Life bar, despite that image should add for ALL the bars

- Adding glowing orb to the different saber styles.

- Making the saber style orb container semi-transparent

SCREENSHOTS:

IlZdUs.jpg

WFGj0i.jpg

jflwWj.jpg

HRyRpF.jpg

2XvihF.jpg

CcgvsF.jpg

Omicron, Lancelot and DarthStiv like this
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@@Angel Soul you still need shader help? I can help you out, if you need anything.

Maybe bro LOL :D I've seen that icons can be shadered. And certanly this must hold true to the HUD graphics as well. Is it possible to wrap a tileable texture around another 2D .TGA graphics which has a mask on?

I was hoping to be able to animate the bars themselves! Heh :D

In JKA Shader files, it's pretty easy to wrap a texture around any other texture and make it animated and stuff like that (especially with ShaderEd), but I'm not really sure what exactly you wish to do (probably one of those bad moments where I don't understand everything, not being an english native speaker). And I'm also not sure that all shader options would work with HUD elements, I have never yet tried it out. But it'd be cool to make the life/force/ammo bars glow or something :P

Angel Soul likes this

In JKA Shader files, it's pretty easy to wrap a texture around any other texture and make it animated and stuff like that (especially with ShaderEd), but I'm not really sure what exactly you wish to do (probably one of those bad moments where I don't understand everything, not being an english native speaker). And I'm also not sure that all shader options would work with HUD elements, I have never yet tried it out. But it'd be cool to make the life/force/ammo bars glow or something :P

LOLOL!! Don't worry dude. :D I'm probably not explaining well enough! :D Your English is excellent! (Comes from another non-English-native speaker :P)

Anyhow... what I wish to do is basically give the textured bars like animated smoke-like glow.

If you check here, from 2:49 and onward... (you can skip a little. It's pretty long vid). 6:14 shows the boss bar. This video shows the kind of effects animated on the bars. This smokey, like thingy. I could make these textures.

I got pretty decent brushes. Only need to know how to use them on the bars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wkypAvJDl-g