Rotate a ship/vehicle on platform.

Hellos.

I've been trying to make a platform that you can land a ship onto, then use a button to rotate the ship around again for take-off.

However func_rotate and scripted rotation does not seem to work at all.

The plat rotates, the player model also, the ship does move, but it doesn't rotate.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Regards

The ship won't rotate with the platform unless you make both the platform and the ship rotate.

A func_rotate will constantly rotate so scripting is the way to go. Also keep in mind that you need to manually create an origin brush for every moving and rotating object.

Is the ship a model or made out of brushes? If it's a model, you should be able to use the method I described in this post: link.

In any case, if the script doesn't work, post it (in spoiler tags) so we can have a look :)

The ship is a vehicle, like x-wing, lambdashuttle.

Would it work? I'll try and see what happens.

Edit: I believe your method only works with static models, right? Not interactive ships that can land, take off, etc?

In my attempt I was unsuccessful.

I used a basic rotate script, though

affect ( "rotatep", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )
{
	task ( "hps_rotate1" )
	{
		rotate ( < 0.000 180.000 0.000 >, 5000 );
	}
	do ( "hps_rotate1" );
}

Just an update.

I've tried different methods, latest being trigger shipboundary to force the ship to move.

Result is that the trigger somehows instakills the ship when no one is inside of it.

And if someone really is inside of it, the camera will rotate, but ship not.

Does anyone know about any maps that has this feature? I'd like to see how it is solved

One thing you could to (to get around it) is to use the remove command to delete the vehicle, then use a static model equivalent at the same time, make it appear visible.

Rotate the static vehicle model to the right angle, then again hide it (SET_INVISIBLE) and respawn the vehicle facing the right way.

Bit of a workaround if the rotate a vehicle thing doesnt work.

Thanks for the insight.

Too bad I can't manipulate the original vehicle, even with the driver inside.

My ideal plan was to have a circle landing pad that could be rotated with the vehicle to turn it around in a narrow "hangar" (parking space).

But maybe I have to look for other alternatives.. hmm :(