Model textures not displaying

Hi,

I'm working on a gun model with my own set of custom textures, but when I load the model in MD3View or ingame, I get an error saying the images don't exist. I would usually assume that the .skin file I used with the .MD3 was wrong somewhere, but they display fine when I view the .GLM in Modview. The textures are 1024x1024 and 1024x2048 .jpeg files.

What should I do?

Thanks.

that's a very high resolution for a gun model <.< but should work fine still.

If you got the .skin file correctly maybe there's something wrong with how you save them. I helped some people before who couldn't save their jpegs accurately for some reason, solution was to re-save them with the "save for web" option in photoshop, that worked.

Granted that you use photoshop though.

Hmm, I'm unsure how to enable 'safe for web' in the program I use, I think my brother has photoshop, I'll load them up on his laptop and try that. Also, I already tried exporting them as .tga.

EDIT: Ahah, figured it out! It was the skin file after all. The syntax was incorrect (I put a space after the comma, so it was looking for " models" rather than "models"), but it seems Modveiw corrects this, allowing it to be displayed correctly. Changed it and it's working. Thanks anyway guys!

Edited by Jimmythebassist