Compiling?

Dusty

Running into some errors. I got the snd_dma.cpp thing fixed by using VS 2013. Now the problem is though, I get some kind of error from ALL_BUILD or something...

EDIT: Nvm. I gotz issues. Once I figure out exactly what all of them are I will post back here.

Have you made any changes to the code? That's a pretty serious error.

Yeah, there are some mods in there. Do you mean specifically in ui_main.cpp though? That seems to be the same as from OpenJK (the mod is a branch of OpenJK).

Here's the link to the repo:

https://github.com/DustysPatch/OpenJK

Redsaurus should be able to help as he coded the mods and I think he got everything working, I just haven't been able to do so on my end yet.

@@redsaurus:

You've gotten your code to compile and work right? So far I've run into errors everytime. I used to get crashes in game the first time I tried a while ago to run the code mods (I'm leaving that up to me not doing things correctly) but now I've got this just building the current vanilla files from the repo. Does it work for you?

EDIT: I also probably didn't set up my debug stuff right, so that may be part of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so got that whole business fixed. I needed to build the vanilla SP renderer and I didn't have some files in the right spots in the gamedata folder.

Now, how do I set up a debug build for quickly testing changes?

1) Are you set for Debug or Release in the toolbar Dropdown?  You obviously want Debug for Debug support.

2) Right Click the project you want to debug and select properties, (IE SP Client)

3) Under Configuration Properties there is Debugging worksheet, select that.

4) Add +set fs_basepath "put the full path to gamedata here",   example: +set fs_basepath "D:\Games\SWJKA\GameData"

5) Put the same path in the Working Directory option., D:\Games\SWJKA\GameData  NOTE: there should be no ending \ or / or quotes in this one

6) Apply/Okay

7) Right Click the same project and select "Set as Startup Project"

8) Hit F5 or Debug Menu -> Start Debugging

1) Are you set for Debug or Release in the toolbar Dropdown?  You obviously want Debug for Debug support.

2) Right Click the project you want to debug and select properties, (IE SP Client)

3) Under Configuration Properties there is Debugging worksheet, select that.

4) Add +set fs_basepath "put the full path to gamedata here",   example: +set fs_basepath "D:\Games\SWJKA\GameData"

5) Put the same path in the Working Directory option., D:\Games\SWJKA\GameData  NOTE: there should be no ending \ or / or quotes in this one

6) Apply/Okay

7) Right Click the same project and select "Set as Startup Project"

8) Hit F5 or Debug Menu -> Start Debugging

Information like this might be useful if there was a big faq list on the openjk github page.  I know you aren't necessarily in charge of it, or that this isn't the best place to talk about that, but I think it'd probably help out a lot of people that are new to coding.

JKG Developer