The new Doctor Who trailer =D

Looks pretty awesome, I get a sort of classic Doctor Who feel from it and I seriously can't wait to see this new Doctor Who series!! :D  I'm really loving how this is looking, it seems to be a LOT more serious and realistic and almost darker and seeing Capaldi in this trailer only confirms that he'll be a fantastic Doctor.

By the way did I mention that I'm proud to be British? ^_^

spior likes this

Looks pretty awesome, I get a sort of classic Doctor Who feel from it and I seriously can't wait to see this new Doctor Who series!! :D  I'm really loving how this is looking, it seems to be a LOT more serious and realistic and almost darker and seeing Capaldi in this trailer only confirms that he'll be a fantastic Doctor.

Don't know about that though, since all we've seen is a trailer. Guess we'll have to find out late August because after Tom Baker and David Tennant who nailed the character, he has some big shoes to fill . . .
CaptainCrazy likes this

Signature.jpg

Whilst I do agree about Tennant being one of the best, it will certainly be nice to get away from all that stupid love interest "Will they ever get together?!?!" crap lol.  It'll be nice to just be all about action and a good story/plot and not a love story.

I stopped watching Dr Who after the first series with Matt Smith, I just didn't find it very good after David Tennant

Yeh I wasn't a fan of Matt Smith either for maybe 2 seasons because it was kinda childish.  I mean Dinosaurs on a Spaceship?  An episode revolving around the Wild West?  No thanks!  The later seasons are good though and he looks more mature and well developed into the role.

I felt that Matt Smith's version of the character was too much ADHD/ADD and very less the Doctor as established by Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant, who brought the character back in the 21st century . . .

Yeh he was always just running around and talking really quickly but he had a harder time coping with his underlying emotions. From this trailer I do really like the visuals, it seems a lot more cinematic and Capaldi is a great actor and has been a massive DW fan since he was a child.

He actually has concept sketches of his idea of what the Doctor Should wear and all that, from when he was growing up and he's used a lot of it to influence his role as the Doctor.

Personally I believe that we're in safe hands, he would never allow Doctor Who to be anything less than great.  I respect what you are all saying but I'm a pretty good judge of character and I believe that he'll be fantastic as the new Doctor!

By the way did I mention that I'm proud to be British? ^_^

Looks like the BBC actually threw some money into special effects. 

We had the Christopher Eccleston series run here on our local Public Broadcasting Station here in Florida several years ago. The one with Rose. Those episodes were really well done.  

Omicron and CaptainCrazy like this