Func_Door & an Odd Light Effect

At the end of map 2 the player hops on a tramcar is shuttled off to map 3. When map 3 starts, the player starts in the tramcar and its moving. This part works well. The tram is made from a func_door. 

What I've noticed is that my tramcar appears to be affected by whatever light entities are present when it spawn into the map. Here are two examples.

shot0077_zps9b12af20.jpg

At the end of the catwalk is the tramcar. Notice the white light above it. The red light it has inside of it is was from the light entity in the tunnel from which the tram emerges.

Here's another shot where I didn't use any lights in the tunnel. You can see that under the white Kejim light shader there is no white light, just black.

shot0076_zps249ab148.jpg

Now, I can fix this easily by just using white light in the tunnel when spawning, which I will do. But, does anyone know why this happens?

This is just a wild guess, but do you actually have a separate light or shader set on the tramcar? It could be that the game is interpreting the lighting scenario based on the surroundings. If that's the case, giving the tramcar a fixed value should solve the lighting problem.

I'm no mapping or lighting expert, just going by computer logic here...

This happens because the lighting is pre-calculated into a so-called lightmap when you compile the map. There is (practically) no dynamic lighting.

So you'll have to choose which light you want for your door. If you'd prefer to have the light in its final location, move it there in Radiant, reverse its direction and set it to start open.

This happens because the lighting is pre-calculated into a so-called lightmap when you compile the map. There is (practically) no dynamic lighting.

So you'll have to choose which light you want for your door. If you'd prefer to have the light in its final location, move it there in Radiant, reverse its direction and set it to start open.

ok dynamic lighting.... that makes sense...

Now, you mean move my tramcar to its stop point. And by change direction you mean give it a positive lip value?