Star Wars Original Trilogy Recreation.

Hey guys, ever since I started playing Jedi Academy, I have wanted to make short films in the engine, machinimas if you will. I started this by creating some scenes (Mainly Duels) in the star wars movies, that was several years ago. After learning alot I have decided to work on a larger project, recreating the films, in jedi academy. 

I am still deciding if I should recreate it in MP or SP, I have always made the films on SP but all the quality machinimas made in JKA are made in MP, so maby that could be a possiblity, only problem being that well, I need actors. 

I have just about all the resources thanks to the modders of JKA, maps, models, etc. 

My second big issue is using actual dialogue from the films. I usually use subtitles but lets be honest, thats boring shit. I could get some people to do voice overs for certain dialogue, or even do it myself but thats just not authentic.

And one last problem, when I use the cheat `Levelshot` the game crashes with a error saying  `z_free(): Corrupt zone tail` 

Any suggestions on making this would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey guys, ever since I started playing Jedi Academy, I have wanted to make short films in the engine, machinimas if you will. I started this by creating some scenes (Mainly Duels) in the star wars movies, that was several years ago. After learning alot I have decided to work on a larger project, recreating the films, in jedi academy. 

I am still deciding if I should recreate it in MP or SP, I have always made the films on SP but all the quality machinimas made in JKA are made in MP, so maby that could be a possiblity, only problem being that well, I need actors. 

I have just about all the resources thanks to the modders of JKA, maps, models, etc. 

My second big issue is using actual dialogue from the films. I usually use subtitles but lets be honest, thats boring shit. I could get some people to do voice overs for certain dialogue, or even do it myself but thats just not authentic.

And one last problem, when I use the cheat `Levelshot` the game crashes with a error saying  `z_free(): Corrupt zone tail` 

Hey, since they are already making this... :rolleyes: .... I can use someone like you for some scripted sequences involving dialogue and subtitles and whatnot. If your interested let me know. I have two scenes I need done, one in game, one to close the game. Maybe some other smaller stuff if your up for it. Let me know. 

therfiles likes this

Hey, since they are already making this... :rolleyes: .... I can use someone like you for some scripted sequences involving dialogue and subtitles and whatnot. If your interested let me know. I have two scenes I need done, one in game, one to close the game. Maybe some other smaller stuff if your up for it. Let me know. 

If I was a modder, I would love to. But I have no modding experience, other wise I would love to help. 

Me and @@Circa may or may not be already doing something similar to this, but in a playable level form...but that's all hush hush as they say. :ph34r:

Sounds interesting! Good luck with it. 

For the voice actors, I recommend sourcing from: http://voiceactingalliance.com

Machinimas are not the preferred production type there, but if you can show a serious level of commitment with a detailed script and concept character images, you should get a good response.

Regarding the "levelshot" problem, if you are on Windows I know there are some third party utilities that allow you to take a screenshot in game. If you are on a Mac, you can use Command + Shift + 3.

Here is an excellent tutorial on how to film in Jedi Academy:

http://www.chopshopservers.com/education/video_editing_tutorial_by_commodore/

The Force Temple used to have a great one, too, but that's gone now… :( How I miss that site...

For the voice actors, I recommend sourcing from: http://voiceactingalliance.com

Machinimas are not the preferred production type there, but if you can show a serious level of commitment with a detailed script and concept character images, you should get a good response.

Regarding the "levelshot" problem, if you are on Windows I know there are some third party utilities that allow you to take a screenshot in game. If you are on a Mac, you can use Command + Shift + 3.

Here is an excellent tutorial on how to film in Jedi Academy:

http://www.chopshopservers.com/education/video_editing_tutorial_by_commodore/

The Force Temple used to have a great one, too, but that's gone now… :( How I miss that site...

Level shot basicly removes the HUD so when you film (I use fraps) there is no stupid HUD in the way. Since I use to use KOTF, which I currently dislike after I found out the problems tim caused, I do not use it. This meaning I have to download things from this site, the god of the utilities on this site to help me film is CamSP, which I thank @@therfiles for. Any way, thank you for the suggestions :P 

therfiles likes this

Level shot basicly removes the HUD so when you film (I use fraps) there is no stupid HUD in the way.

You could just bind cg_draw2d:

bind O "cg_draw2d !"

This will bind the HUD visuals toggling to the O key on your keyboard.

Otherwise you can "set" the value to 0 (to hide HUD) or 1 (to show HUD).

Here are a couple of useful camera setups. I use these for gameplay, but they can be used for filming, too:

Make sure you enable cheats first. Use the ,./ and ' keys to switch views with this setup.

Action View:

bind , "seta cg_thirdpersonrange 40 ; seta cg_thirdpersonvertoffset 0 ; seta cg_fov 97 ; seta cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.9 ; seta cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 0.9 ; seta cg_drawcrosshair 0 ; seta cg_thirdpersonalpha 1"

Fixed Camera:

bind / "cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0.0 ; seta cg_thirdpersonalpha 1 ;"

First Person Lightsaber (MP only):

bind ' "seta cg_fov 97 ; seta cg_thirdpersonalpha 0 ; seta cg_thirdpersonrange 0.1 ; seta cg_thirdpersonvertoffset 0 ; seta cg_thirdpersontargetdamp 1 ; seta cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 1"

Default View (Reset):

bind . "reset cg_thirdpersonrange ; reset cg_thirdpersonvertoffset ; reset cg_fov ; reset cg_thirdpersoncameradamp ; reset cg_thirdpersontargetdamp ; reset cg_drawcrosshair ; reset cg_thirdpersonalpha"

There is also this bullet time visual effects script:

bind K "timescale 0.9 ; wait ; timescale 0.6 ; wait ; timescale 0.3"
bind L "timescale 0.6 ; wait ; timescale 0.9 ; wait ; timescale 1"

K will slow things down, and L will bring them back into real life speed.

You can bind any of these to any key you like, of course.
Jolly likes this

You could just bind cg_draw2d:

bind O "cg_draw2d !"

This will bind the HUD visuals toggling to the O key on your keyboard.

Otherwise you can "set" the value to 0 (to hide HUD) or 1 (to show HUD).