Q3Map2: -bounce and -fast?

Hey,

So on doing a final compile on my map... what exactly does -bounce and -fast in the light stage, do?

I've read the description of -bounce but I dont seem to quite understand it. Is it related to fixing the light hitting a surface on X amount of times or am I just completely lost here? Should I specifically use -bounce 2 or 8 or any at all? What is the purpose of it.

And does -fast make the light be of any less quality? Why isn't fast an option by default? Does it perhaps sacrifice some of the quality? What about -faster?

And lastly: is it really even necessary to use -Super (2) and -Samples (2)? Doesnt really seem to impact the map or am I wrong?

-bounce adds radiosity, and each number increases the intensity

Radiosity_Comparison.jpg

-fast makes the compile time faster, but it darkens shader and -bounce lights considerably.

-faster makes the compile time even faster, but is extremely crappy quality

-samples antialiases shadows. Use 2 or 3 for best effect.

-super does roughly the same thing as -samples but is much, much slower

source: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Q3Map2/Light

Yu need to make a custom build with -faster and a simple -bounce light parameter for test your map and quickly see the result for end the map.. :)

Make a buiild with parms as no fast parameter and bounce 8 included, for a make of high quality... but... LOOOONG time to compile. The time of building a BSP depend of the largest of the map. Structural brush can sensibily affect the time duration of build. :)

A structural map need hours for generate the complete BSP. Use -bounce 8 only for the release version of the map, not for making tests  :)