Is there such a thing as a Mappacker?

Hey

So getting close to finishing my map and I was wondering if there is a tool that can read a .map/.bsp and perhaps search your game director for the textures/shaders/models etc being used and then automatically make a folder/create a pk3 from that.

If there is such a thing: I would truly appreciate a link to download it.

If there is no such thing: Why hasn't anyone made it?

If there is no such thing: Why hasn't anyone made it?

Are you referring to how CoD checks contents and dependencies and then builds the fastfile? Yeah, this isn't CoD. You'll be manually packing your PK3. It helps to have a second, completely clean installation of JKA for this process. That way you'll know if you are missing anything. 

It's best practice, however, to keep your folders well organized; following a coherent naming convention in the base folder. That way it becomes super easy, and far less stressful to pack up your map. #beentheredonethatlostsomesanityalongtheway

A user on Quake3World gave me this =>

"

Mapacker

Quote:
Mapacker v1.03 -- 14th December 2002

Equim -- equim@planetquake.com -- http://www.planetquake.com/equim

Example bat file:

Code:
mapacker -basepath "C:\Quake III Arena\baseq3" -overwrite -includemd3 maps\mymap.map

Make sure you double check everything you want is in your pk3 after. Im not sure if when you use "usemd3" that it includes the textures for said model.

The .options file is self configured to not include anything from the following pk3s:

exclude pak?.pk3
exclude common-spog.pk3
exclude common-qer.pk3
exclude textures/radiant/*

You can edit that to your liking"

I hope it works!

Update:

Amazing! It doesn't seem to add shaders sadly.

And most if not all .PNG textures I have (which arent that many so no big deal). Atleast it makes the process in general a lot easier biggrin.gif