Circa's Web Help Thread

I'm in constant need of help with various web-related things. For awhile I kept poking @@Caelum for his limitless knowledge, but I know he'd rather me not do that. So I will post here from now on.

I have a few personal sites that I manage and since I'm no expert in web development or any kind of coding, I find myself puzzled on how to do certain things. I always dig deep into Google for answers but sometimes I can't find the answer.

My first main question is: 

What is the best/proper way to implement a mobile version of a website? I recently moved from Weebly and it had created a mobile stylesheet automatically, but I can't figure out the proper way to make a mobile device recognize to use it. 

Best way is to make a responsive template that will adjust to a screen's size automaticly.

Do you mean designing the desktop version with that in mind so it conforms to the screen's size, or with a @media tag for new set of settings?

@@Sentra @

So does that mean I can only do this effectively and correctly if I restyle and redesign my whole site?

What want to at least start off with is getting the mobile CSS to be triggered when on a mobile device. At least then I can get my foot in the door.

Right now the original CSS file has an @import line with a URL to the mobile CSS and it says "handheld". Is that not correct? (it came like that)