Help, my JKA's decided to make a fool out of me!

Guys for no reason, today when I started JKA, the game loads itself but other than the menus, all models are missing! no playermodels, no weapons... what could have happened?? Well but for the sake of my coming mods, I plan to reinstall the game whole anyway... I'm just curious as to how this could've happened!

Also, when I loaded some of my sword mods, the blades where there. Like the game suddenly wasn't 1.01 but 1.00. Is this even rationally possible? O.o I smell a virus on the run..

EDIT: I'm playing actually the JKO:JKA mod... and when I load up JKA, the models are missing as I described above. When I load JKO, the game just crashes after the movies at the start...

Smoo likes this
  • 3 years later...

Future here - i had this happen to me. Im running win10 x64. Aside from the game not being in the register, as in its a moveover from another disk and when i put the disk in, it asks to install, instead of playing, nothing changed. MP works no problem. I didnt change mods, or other files, aside, maybe from making it in full hd resolution. Any solution, aside from trying every mod, map, skin, saber and vehicle?

Also the game is patched to 1.01 ad has ja+.

Im pretty sure it worked on win7 and i didnt try playing it on 10.

I was forced to come here by a certain anonymous coder who believes that my situation is impossible and has never happened to anyone who played Jedi Academy. I have a problem with the weapons, which involves left mouse button having the same function as mouse wheel down; I am unable to fire regular shots from a weapon and I cannot swing my lightsabre. I have downloaded three NPC files, a Starkiller SP skin, and a TFU menus pack, and I could not play the game as I once could prior to the menus pack. I deleted it, and my situation has not improved. I reinstalled the game, and still nothing good. I removed the NPC and SP files and reinstalled, but same result: unable to fire/swing. Before anyone thinks that the menu pack had anything to do with this, take notice that I said that it did not. Is there any way to fix this serious issue that happens more often than implied?

Thanks smoo for replying 3 years later  :D the problem was the 2003 CDs that got probably damaged or something. I bought a GOG version and there was no problem, or, it might be those old files somehow not working on modern OSs. 

This is why I made sure to keep my CDs in pristine condition. However, I did also buy the Steam version just to be safe.

Smoo likes this

i'm keeping my GOG version safe on USB drives, and believe me they were in a CD case all this time. It's also true that CDs and DVDs have a short life in comparison to other digital storages... something simply must have gotten damaged, somehow. That and issues with a modern OS were my only ideas, but i kinda ruled the OS issue out with GOG working perfectly.

Smoo likes this